The Strategic Account Manager (SAM), as the one voice to the customer, drives HBF’s commercial goals by anticipating and meeting the needs of the customer. Develops and owns a strategic plan for own accounts, and drives the execution of the plan through expert communication, coordination of activities and influence of indirect resources
- Has global accountability for at least one global customer;
- Develops and owns a strategic plan for own accounts, and drives the execution of the plan through expert communication, coordination of activities and influence of indirect resources;
- Develops sales funnel for future growth opportunities;
- One voice to the customer;
- Drives H. B. Fuller’s commercial goals, optimizing share, price and profitability;
- Anticipates and meets the needs of the customer;
- Consistently applies sales process and use of all sales tools;
- 50% of time focused on growth (larger opportunities); and Train and mentor new sales professionals and SAM's.
- 4 year college degree, with a preference for technical/mechanical or marketing
- Minimum of 8 + years of industrial sales experience; could consider marketing or technical experience as alternative, with at least 4 + years in Strategic Accounts with consistent at or above target performance
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel.
- Must be willing to travel. Travel time depends on size/geography of the territory.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.