Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading advisory, tax and assurance firm whose specialized professionals guide clients through an ever-changing business world, helping them win now and anticipate tomorrow. Headquartered in Chicago, Baker Tilly, and its affiliated entities, have operations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Baker Tilly is an independent member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of independent accounting and business advisory firms in 145 territories, with 34,700 professionals. The combined worldwide revenue of independent member firms is $3.6 billion.
It's an exciting time to join Baker TIlly!
Baker Tilly Annual Report 2018
- Proven market leader to take ownership of and lead our SALT practice expansion initiative
- Must be viewed as a SALT Leader by the market place and have deep long-term relationships with taxexecutive decision makers in the private equity, manufacturing, distribution, technology and retail sectors
- Applicant must have intimate knowledge of the SALT marketplace and a proven ability to develop a practice through business development initiatives
- Candidate will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other partners and senior managers on proposals and business development initiatives with SALT components
- Applicant will consult, work with, service and make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a value architect to clients as well as prospects
- Candidate will be hiring, managing, developing, training and mentoring SALT team on projects and assessing performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Must have the ability to plan, execute, direct, and complete SALT projects in a wide variety of industries; provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; and manage to budget
- Must maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise, comply with continuing education requirements; be a leader in appropriate professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- B.S. in Accounting and CPA required; advanced degree desirable
- At least 8 to 12 years of progressive SALT consulting in public accounting
- Proven ability of building profitable long-term client relationships
- Proven ability of managing numerous engagement teams on multiple client projects
- Broad exposure to State and Local Taxes including knowledge in Income/Franchise Tax, Credits and Incentives, Sales and Use Tax, with Property Tax a plus; must be eager to work on a variety of SALT issues
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, demonstrate commitment to continuous learning, display appropriate ethical knowledge and commitment and exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to quality and the timely completion of duties