11 - 15 years
Posted 295 days ago
SALT Managing Director
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
A Specialized Tax Services State and Local Tax (STS SALT) Managing Director is responsible for providing written tax advice to clients, evaluating and alternate courses of action to lessen tax burden and cost of compliance, recognizing potential tax risks and identifying potential changes in tax policy and regulations. In this role, the STS SALT Managing Director will be charged with marketing, networking and business development within his/her area of experience and specialization and maintaining key client relationships. Additionally, the STS SALT Managing Director is a critical part of the office’s / region’s Tax Services leadership team, and will act as a source for guidance on complex tax questions and issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation or other relevant field preferred
- Juris Doctorate preferred
- Ten (10) or more years of prior SALT experience required
- Prior experience supervising tax professionals on a project or engagement basis required
- Prior experience preparing and/or reviewing tax provisions high preferred
- Prior experience with corporate taxation, consolidations and partnerships preferred
- CPA certification or other relevant certification preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word preferred
- Exposure to and familiarity with standard tax applications and research tools preferred