BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
A STS SALT Manager is responsible for advising clients of the tax implications relating to their business objectives, recommending alternate courses of action, as well as identifying different methods of complying with tax regulations. In this role, the STS SALT Manager will be charged with marketing, networking and business development within his/her area of experience and specialization and recognizing potential changes in tax policy and applying new policies to tax compliance. In addition, the STS SALT Manager will work with the Core Tax Partners, Directors, and Senior Managers to provide SALT expertise to their clients.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Masters degree in Accounting/Taxation or J.D. preferred
- More than five (5) years of prior experience in state and local/multistate experience required
- Prior experience supervising tax professionals on a project or engagement basis required
- Prior experience preparing and/or reviewing tax provisions preferred
- Prior experience with corporate taxation, consolidations and partnerships preferred
- CPA certification or other relevant certification preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Exposure to and familiarity with standard tax applications and research tools preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior analytical and research skills
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment