Salix - Territory Manager
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
The Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for the sale of the organization's product(s) in a specified region or major geographical area. Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop effective sales presentations for physicians within region and close sales by using marketing materials and selling techniques to increase prescriptions.
- Analyze data and manage territory to effectively target high prescribing physicians.
- Make presentations on the organization's products to target physicians.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in industry.
- Meet established call average expectations and sales performance expectations.
- Read, understand, and utilize clinical papers and proof sources to maintain product knowledge and competitive product knowledge for effective presentations (sales calls).
- Complete administrative paperwork in a timely manner and provide reports to Manager regarding daily call activitiy and feedback from physicians.
- Attend various sales training classes, sales meetings, and national/regional conferences.
We seek a candidate with a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline. A minimum of two years of successful pharmaceutical sales experience is required. A demonstrated track record of success is required. Candidates should also demonstrate strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, and workload planning skills. The successful candidate will be able to communicate verbally using correct English, grammar, proper technical terminology, and pronunciation for telephone and group presentations. Candidates should be physically able to perform all job duties which necessitates: driving in a geographically large territory for long periods of time each day; lifting sample boxes (25 pounds); traveling by airplane and car, usually within the US; remaining in standing position for prolonged periods of time when giving presentations or lunches; and performing other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Be Aware of Recruiting Fraud :
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
Job ID 8772