The Salesforce Test Automation Lead will play a lead role in establishing the Salesforce automated testing strategy for Valley Bank's established and rapidly expanding Salesforce implementation. Your mission will be to increase test cycles and test coverage per project, reducing uncaught defects and freeing manual resources from regression testing. You will be joining an existing QA team as a Salesforce expert, with the expectation that the whole QA team will freely share knowledge and experience in order to raise everyone's skillset.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive the bank's evolution from manual Salesforce testing to test automated Salesforce testing, establish guideline and processes for Salesforce testing.
- Participate in Salesforce project/release planning to establish and maintain testing plans and scheduling estimates.
- Work with project teams to understand system requirements/user stories and solution designs.
- Own and maintain the test data repository as needed.
- Design test cases for automation and develop appropriate test scripts in an efficient and rapid manner (e.g. data-driven, recorded, etc.).
- Execute Test Cases, track and report defects, work with developers to resolve defects.
- Ensure validation of the Salesforce platform via continuous regression testing.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for the maturation of the IT QA/QC function and the overall SDLC/PMLC.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advocate for IT QA/QC to promote a culture of good quality practices.
- Thorough understanding of Salesforce components, configurations and flows.
- Strong understanding of, and experience testing, the Salesforce platform.
- Experience with Copado and Selenium for managing and testing Salesforce.
- Experience working within an ITSM structure including ServiceNow and MS Azure DevOps, or comparable platforms.
- Excellent time management, planning and multi-tasking skills to support more than 1 testing campaign at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, phone, video, etc.)
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years of overall software testing experience, with 2+ years of automated Salesforce testing.
- Salesforce Admin certification
- Experience with testing of nCino for Salesforce and/or experience with Copado for Saleforce change set management is preferred.