We are looking for an experienced Salesforce Technical Manager to mentor and lead junior developers and admins/ensuring best practices are followed while assisting with the implementation, customization, and ongoing support for this new solution.
As the Salesforce Technical Manager, you will be tasked to carry out the development of the company’s Salesforce.org applications or enhancements through configuration and if required through Apex, Visualforce or Lightning Components. Additional responsibility will include integration with other systems and performing additional administrative tasks related to overall reporting and business intelligence. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Salesforce development environments jointly responsible for maintaining complex configurations of the Salesforce platform. The role will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, developing unit test scripts for configuration and code and preparing technical documentation.
You will maintain relationships with customers and cross-functional teams at the most professional and effective levels to ensure that the application functionality aligns with the system architecture and organization needs while addressing end user requests. The position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments to support the Make-A-Wish National Office and 60 chapters across the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Delivery Responsibilities:
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Participate in technical design sessions; develop technical solution documentation aligned with the business objective
- Develop, test, and document custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation
- Manage all aspects of the end-to-end release process; including the execution of test plans to ensure quality delivery
- Provides management reports on release progress
- Signs off the release package for implementation
- Establishes and reports outstanding known errors and workarounds
- Records metrics for deployment to ensure agreed SLAs
- Coordinates release documentation and communications, including training and customer, service management, and technical release notes.
- Develop custom solutions and interfaces on top of the Salesforce platform
- Follow coding standards and participate in code reviews during projects to ensure appropriate design patterns are followed
- Provide estimates and work breakdown structures for assigned tasks
- Absorb new product and technical capabilities from Salesforce during new product releases and acquisitions
- Mentoring and leading junior developers and admins/ensuring best practices are followed
Knowledge and Abilities:
- 2+ years of Java and/or Force.com design experience
- 2+ years of experience with Visualforce controllers/Apex coding
- 2+ years of Workflows and unitization of Process Builder development
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and scalability
- Comfortable with integration of legacy and outside systems technology with seamless results
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification
- Bachelor’s with an IT-related degree or equivalent work experience
- The Salesforce Technical Manager works in conjunction with the Business Analyst and Development team to build technical solutions. You will oversee the development and test environment, primarily to ensure that all the relevant people have the appropriate environments and test data available when needed and for the right purpose. Since environment resources are normally limited, this role performs a coordinating, and sometimes arbitrary, role to ensure that resources (such as Sandboxes) are used to the maximum effect.
- 2+ years of Salesforce platform experience
- 2+ years of development experience using VisualForce, Apex controllers, Triggers, Batch Apex, and other programmatic solutions on the Salesforce platform
- 2+ years of proven ability to develop and optimize integrated business processes across disparate systems
- Understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Market Cloud, App Cloud, Communities and AppExchange solutions
- Configuration experience using the Salesforce point-and-click application administration interface
- Ability to perform automated testing and write unit tests
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies and tools such as Scrum, Jira, Agile
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Salesforce Platform Developer I Certification required