Brief Summary of Role
The Technical Architect (TA) sets the key technical boundaries for the solution and helps direct Appirio technical resources to develop and deliver the project deliverables. The TA reduces the overall project technical risk by uncovering design issues early in the project lifecycle, sharing design and implementation best practices, and prototyping / recommending alternatives for major design challenges. Additionally, the TA often conducts design/code reviews during major project milestones if necessary.
- Design and implement business technology solutions focused on cloud-based CRM and partner applications and customer solutions
- Oversee development of business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration, testing and deployment
- Oversee technical decisions and activities of Appirio project teams including dividing up work, assigning to team members, and monitoring for quality
- Judge tradeoffs with technology and identify when business requirements conflict with technical capabilities and make choices that fit customer needs
- Serve as technical subject matter expert and provide mentoring and guidance to both on- and off-shore team members
- Generate timely status reports, time tracking, and expense reports
- Partner with project managers to manage project status, risk, issues and decisions.
- Perform the most advanced design and development tasks
- Contribute to Technical Architecture team by improving assets, developing playbooks/checklists, participating in team meetings, helping with presales needs, and actively advancing team thought-leadership initiatives
- Participate in company-wide Discussions and Chatter as a technical SME
- Achieve minimum Technical Architect utilization target across 1 full-time assignment
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years experience development experience; 3+ in Salesforce
- 1+ year experience in software Technical Architecture
- 4+ years experience in a hands on technical leadership position in consulting organization
- 2+ years experience with platform integrations and data architecture
- Fulfils commitments consistently on-time and proactively escalate commitments that are in jeopardy
- Respond promptly to requests and never allows queries to fall into a "black hole."
- Attends meetings on time, always
- Competent in facilitating small meetings
- Competent leveraging and improving existing templates
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Not eligible for Visa sponsorship.