Purpose: Responsible for the overall maintenance and administration of Intrepid’s implementation of Salesforce and the TechCanary agency management system.
The Salesforce Administrator will work with multiple teams within the organization to ensure that Salesfoce and TechCanary meet the company’s needs. They will be primarily responsible for the maintenance, configuration and enhancements to the TechCanary agency management system. As a TechCanary administrator your responsibilities include:
- Perform all Salesforce and TechCanary administration functions.
- Maintain the production environment to support multiple growing teams.
- Manage multiple sandbox environments to support Salesforce changes and the needs of a separate software development team.
- Provide end user support for internal users.
- Work with systems analyst and business teams to create innovative solutions using Salesforce as part of solution strategy.
- Identify operational workflow/system improvements and work with business and engineering teams to implement
- Document design and implement Salesforce solutions using standard configuration and following best practices including: field enhancements, views, reports, dashboards, validation rules, workflow rules, process builders, approval processes, campaigns and other SFDC objects and functions.
- Document best practices for salesforce administration, configuration, and development.
- Research and evaluate potential apps to be included in salesforce platform.
- Develop and deliver documentation/presentations to end users to illustrate solutions, new functionality and training for end-users
- As new functionality is developed, coordinate with systems analyst and outside teams to design and execute necessary testing to ensure excellent user experience.
- Coordinate release of salesforce features with software development team.
- Responsible for understanding Salesforce and TechCanary releases and new products to potentially address ongoing business needs
- Manage and prioritize daily case inquiries
- Provide prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business issues
- Monitor application storage usage, conduct data cleansing and archiving as needed
- Manage data imports and continuously monitor and improve data quality
- Manage user roles, user profiles, hierarchies, groups and sharing rules in order to ensure proper SFDC sharing and security settings
- Assumes other tasks and duties as assigned by management
- Salesforce Certified
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of Salesforce.com administration experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience in Visualforce/Apex development
- Experience with Salesforce.com Web Services APIs - Force.com SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API
- Experience working withsalesforce application packaging and deployment.
- Experience developing interactive web-based applications
- Knowledge of salesforce best practices and design patterns
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum is preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail, particularly with configuring SFDC processes and rules
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills