What we're looking for
Slalom is seeking a talented, self-starting Senior Solution Owner to lead the discovery and implementation phases of complex Salesforce projects for Slalom-built solutions. As a Senior Solution Owner you will lead large, enterprise multi-work stream projects with focus on exemplary quality assurance, excellent client relationships and demonstrated thought leadership. Your primary responsibilities include defining project delivery roadmaps and financials, hands-on management of complex projects with multiple work streams and strong partnership with clients.
What you'll do
- Lead all phases of product, software and testing lifecycles (discovery through launch) for medium to large-scale projects/programs on Salesforce delivery client engagements.
- Partner with the client to define project delivery roadmaps and define success criteria that aligns with the client vision
- Maintain client/partner relationships and demonstrate expertise in leading/overseeing Salesforce Agile projects to ensure successful outcomes
- Responsible for project financials to achieve targeted financial results
- Work with Product Owners and other stakeholders and Solution Architects to define and deliver the technology solutions for clients that maximize the value of the client's Salesforce investment(s).
- Develop and promote innovative Scrum and Delivery Leadership solutions, methodologies and proposals. Design and construct the program's agile governance and cadence framework
- Support recruitment, selection, staffing and onboarding of consultants to projects; assist in qualifying opportunities and work with people managers and consultants to assess project fit
- Provide guidance, coaching, mentoring and day-to-day direction for a team of direct reports on project(s); handle the performance feedback and annual review processes for direct reports
- Demonstrate proficiency in creating proposals, writing RFPs and SOWs, and reviewing proposals with clients
- Build Delivery Leadership and Solution Owner assets (e.g. offerings, standard methodologies, white papers, learning curricula, etc.)
- Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%
- 12+ years of consulting experience in iterative software development as a Program Lead, Engagement Lead, Practice Delivery Lead, or similar role
- Experience in all phases of product development, software development, and testing lifecycles
- Salesforce.com project delivery experience, ideally with Sales, Service, Marketing, and Communities Cloud
- Management experience in established technology and product departments with mature program management processes and standards for both Agile and waterfall project methodologies
- Experience with recruiting and building out teams; experienced management with a strong history of mentoring others
- Advanced facilitation and communication skillsets
- Hands-on management of complex projects with multiple work streams and $500k to 3M+ budgets; management of roadmaps and financials
- You have experience and are comfortable creating proposals, writing RFPs and SOWs, and reviewing proposals with clients
- Expertise in agile software delivery methodologies: Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP, and Lean
- A real passion for building software solutions with state of the art technology
- You embrace challenging situations and enjoy solving complex problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related technical field .