Appirio is looking for a Pre-Sales Solution Architect to join our team, with a specific focus on supporting Salesforce.com implementation/integration opportunities.
- Partner with the Appirio sales team to drive new services revenue
- Provides technical support in sales calls, solution presentations, and assists the Enterprise Account Executive with managing the deal cycle
- Translates customer business objectives and requirements into solutions and level-of-effort estimates to implement those solutions
- Provides input for RFI and RFP responses, including the effort estimate, project team, timeline, implementation methodology and solution components
- Delivers excellent services sales presentations to the customer in support of the sales process
- Acts as trusted advisor to customers by anticipating customer needs and identifying appropriate solution alternatives
- Responds to customer questions and objections on technical issues
- Validates technical recommendations against customer requirements and assists with preparing statements of work
- Provides informal training and mentoring skills to customers and other Appirio employees
- Manage a high volume of deals with a variety of industries and functions.
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
- BS in Computer Science, Software engineering, MIS or Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of on-the-job experience with enterprise-level, cloud-based systems and solutions or web-based system development processes.
- 2+ years of implementation experience with Salesforce.com
- Ability to take joint ownership of the assigned accounts/opportunities with the Account Executive and lead account management on technical issues
- Experience interacting with C-level and key enterprise stakeholders in an advisory capacity
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues, and skills related to working and resolving problems in customer accounts
- Experience in custom application development preferred
- Prior pre-sales experience required; estimation experience highly preferred
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with ability to work and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across sales, delivery, operations, etc.
- Travel requirements, up to 50%.