Brief Summary of Role
The BI consultant will provide domain expertise for Data Warehouse setup, understand data models and provide visualization and guidance. The consultant will demonstrate strong technical leadership in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Pig, PigLatin, NoSql) and Data visualization techniques.
The BI consultant will be part of the core team that will be designing and implementing Salesforce Wave - Analytics cloud platform. Appirio is one of the early pilot partners that has built an extensive set of libraries and capabilities. The BI Consultant will influence the design of the cloud based BI system, work closely with our client’s business analysts and source system owners and also play a key role in shaping the practice.
An ideal candidate will have the following characteristics::
- Enthusiastic attitude and approach with a focus on customer success
- Excellent listening skills to fully understand the customer requirements and pain points
- Ability to translate complex business reporting challenges into a set of data building blocks that will enable known and yet-to-be-known use cases.
- Technical acumen to convert plans into real solutions that work
- Driven by customer success with a team player attitude
- Looking for a full-time position
- Design, coordinate, and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts to validate business opportunities as well as oversee all BI related implementations across business functions
- Provide guidance in data schema based on NoSQL design patterns
- Ability to differentiate data sets based on quantitative and qualitative characteristics.
- Passion for data science and statistical analysis
- Expertise in data aggregation, defining facts, dimensions, KPIs and Hierarchies.
- Proven ability to guide customers on Big Data technologies.
- Proven knowledge in ETL technologies and design patterns for loading large data volumes
- Expertise in Dashboard design and UX layout.
- Expertise in JSON parsing and web services
Education and Required Experience (Requirements)
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent years of professional experience in a relevant field
- 5+ years of experience with technical implementations of customer projects
- 3-5 years of experience with any of the Bi/Analytics and Data Discovery tools like Salesforce Analytics(Wave), GoodData, Amazon Redshift, Tableau, Birst, Cognos, Business Objects, Microstrategy or Oracle BI (OBIEE)..
- 1 to 2 years of experience with Salesforce CRM platform
- Must have strong knowledge in Data Warehousing concepts, Data Management, SQL and RDBMS technologies
- Data like approach to Business Intelligence, keeping aggregation to a minimum
- Proficiency in Hadoop or any NoSQL technologies. Understanding with columnar storage principles.
- Experienced with one of the following ETL tools and/or Data Integration products (Informatica, Boomi, Talend, Clover ETL, Kettle, etc...)
- Preferred experience with Apex, SOQL, XML, JSON, PigQL.
- Strong presentation and communication skills are required. Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience and evangelize best practices.
- Located and able to work in the U.S. from a home office and able to travel up to 40-60%
- For US only, Not eligible for Visa Sponsorship