More information about this job
Do you want to change the world? Most do, but few actually accomplish this feat. DEG, named one of Inc. Magazine's "25 Companies That Are Changing The World" is changing the world and is looking for a talented, innovative, team-oriented associate that makes DEG more than the sum of its parts.
DEG, a three-time SalesforceMarketing Cloud Partner of the Year and the most recognized SalesforceMarketing Cloud consultancy in the world, is seeking an Engineer to work on software and technology projects. The Engineer works within the Engineering department, while collaborating with the Relationship Marketing department, implementing custom solutions within the platform. The Engineer is a consultant with deep application and feature knowledge of SalesforceMarketing Cloud, as well as specific technology domain expertise. DEG's digital marketing expertise has empowered clients such as AMC, Crocs, Cabelas, Helzberg, and Hallmark to achieve their goals and objectives through smarter digital strategies.
Engineers are primarily responsible for delivering client value by implementing applications and solutions in various platforms, frameworks and languages. The successful candidate will build innovative solutions on-time and on-budget with low technical debt. This is a great opportunity to work on complex solutions in a variety of industries and emerging technologies. Contribute to a leading digital consultancy's mission and vision by delivering functional applications and services with a high degree of excellence.
DEG is a growing company with an employee-centric culture and high regard for technology. Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to come work.
These consultants typically engage on a project basis in concert with the Implementation Team and work with DEG customers on the following type of engagements:
- Solution Design and Architecture (Medium and High Complexity)
- Domain specific advisory and subject matter experts
- SQL based Query development, data management and optimization
- Data mapping and extract strategies
- Relational Data / Data Schema
- Web Services and API development
- Reporting and custom data extracts
- Custom application development projects
Detailed Responsibilities include:
- Implement business logic as defined by the client and BA.
- Implement data access layer, database model and logic.
- Perform unit testing, both automated and manual, of business logic and behavior to confirm proper implementation of requirements and quality execution.
- Estimate development tasks during discovery, scoping, planning and development stages.
- Communicate technical dependencies, blocks and risks to project stakeholders and management.
- Provide valuable written feedback on peers and evaluation of team performance.
- Follow project level design decisions and conventions.
- Manage time effectively to meet deadlines and commitments.
- May configure and deploy projects to various hosting environments for review.
- May implement interface layout and behavior
- May perform basic server administration and configuration of development and hosting environments.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Engineer consultants are billable resources with a majority of their time spent on client facing engagements. Types of projects may include, but are not limited to, custom profile center development to house subscriber preferences for email and mobile communications, custom web page development utilizing landing pages within SalesforceMarketing Cloud, API integration with a client’s CRM toolset and the SalesforceMarketing Cloud application to trigger email and mobile communications. Clients include major, recognizable brands with a global presence.
A consultant with at least three (3) years of client facing experience working on software technology projects. In addition to some level of relevant technology domain expertise, this individual must have basic project management skills and be able to contribute meaningfully to client deliverables and proposals. SalesforceMarketing Cloud Engineers work in collaboration with Business Analysts to deliver against scoped projects. SalesforceMarketing Cloud Engineers are expected to have or quickly develop several skills in each of the outlined categories.
- Strong SQL and relational data experience and skills
- Ability to lead and effectively manage technical discussions including communicating data requirements to a wide range of audiences
- Experience developing technical documentation
- Previous client facing experience. Some client facing travel may be required.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Previous experience with a software professional services or consulting firm (SaaSpreferred)
- Knowledge of web services and API development (REST and SOAP)
- Experience with C#.NET, PHP, XML, XSLT, XPATH, and/or scriptinglanguages preferred
- Four year college degree (computer science, computer technology or similar degree) preferred
- Previous experience in SalesforceMarketing Cloud preferred or other email service provider
- Will consider remote associates