Leads software projects. Works with other developers to architect and design the individual project as well as implement the critical components.
Projects and applications may include Web and Grid services oriented systems; portal environments; client-server based applications; applications that manage, integrate, and analyze large scale databases; applications and middleware infrastructure that provide federated, secure access to multiple applications and databases; knowledge management and integration systems; and systems for high performance databases and analysis applications.
Architects and implements interoperable middleware components, data models, and interfaces for integration of multiple software systems, applications, and databases. Develops and integrates software for secure and controlled access to application components and databases. Designs and implements graphical user interfaces for components of a software system and for applications. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Serve as a primary developer and administrator for multiple Salesforce orgs & environments
- Provide Salesforce solutions that efficiently and effectively solve complex business capabilities and translate business requirements into Salesforce solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platforms and products
- Perform development functions involving visual force, apex, triggers, components controllers, process builder, flow, etc.
- Assist and/or perform administrative functions including user account maintenance, security setup, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Makes good decisions on when to code versus when to configure
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce data feeds and other integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Perform fit-gap analysis between Salesforce functionality and client requirements
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed Salesforce solutions
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field and three years of software engineering or related experience.
- A master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred.
- Strong programming skills in Java, C++, object oriented-design, XML, SQL and database development.
- Experience with software engineering best practices such as software design patterns, requirements gathering, version control, automated testing, and configuration management is required.
- Experience with service oriented architectures, web services, Grid technologies, distributed computing strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform and products (Sales, Service, Marketing Clouds)
- Active Salesforce certifications (Platform Developer and Admin required)
- Salesforce Developer and Administrator experience:
- Visual Force, Apex and Trigger development experience
- Administration & configurations of users, role hierarchy, objects, page layouts, validation rules, record types, Process Builder and Flows.
- Defining and managing security model and controls
- Managing multiple sandbox environments