General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opportunity for a SalesForce Engineer with specific knowledge, ability of creation, development, design, and maintenance of SalesForce applications to support existing and future information technology activities relating to software development and other projects as they are identified.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, development, and testing of complex solutions consisting of SalesForce services (Service Cloud, Analytics, Field Service, Einstein Analytics, Community Portal, Cognitive Services, AppExchange vendor solutions), mobile applications, data persistence, and integrated using middleware or API technologies
- Generate Reports, Dashboards, customized reports and analyzing data
- Unit / Regression testing and release management of modifications / updates between environment instances using Force.com IDE or other automated solution
- Data Migration using different data tools - Apex Data Loader, Excel Connector, Import Wizard, SFDC Data Export, Mass Delete etc.
- Perform ongoing SalesForce administration activities (accounts, profiles, roles, fields, layouts, data security)
- Development of workflow rules with time triggered tasks, email alerts, email templates, field updates
- Created and managed User Roles, Profiles, Permissions, and Role Hierarchies, Public Groups, Security Controls, and Shared Settings
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and delivery break / fix for applications
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, business analysts and developers to build best in class solutions
- Development of technical design documentation based on functional and stakeholders requirements
- Management of the testing process for SalesForce solutions which includes developing test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments
- Collaborate with project management team to ensure alignment and communication of project status or issues
- Integrated the Web Services for extracting the data from external systems
- Deployed Apex using Force.com IDE, Force.com Migration Tool and Web Services API
We can only accept US citizens and or Green Card Holders.
- Bachelors' Degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Engineering, Business (or related field of study) and a minimum of 5 years' of directly related work experience; OR an additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of the degree
- 5+ years of related software development experience.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), which involves requirement gathering, requirement analysis, design, development, implementation & enhancement of projects in SalesForce.com
- Salesforce App Builder Certification
- Salesforce Platform Developer 1 Certification
- Demonstrated experience across Salesforce platform services (Service Cloud, Communities, Einstein Analytics, Force.com, AppExchange)
- Application development experience using Salesforce technologies (Apex, VisualForce, Lightning, profile, pages, roles, layouts, workflows, etc.)
- Proactive approach and strong communication skills (including written, presentation, and verbal)
- Salesforce Administrator and Advanced Administrator Certification
- Salesforce Platform Developer 2 Certification
- Two years' experience using Agile methodologies
- Experience with LEX and Lightning Components
- At least five (5) years of experience in three or more application development technologies frameworks: Force.com / Visualforce / Apex / SOQL / SOSL, Lightning, C#, .NET, Java
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively with minimal guidance
- Ability to partner and collaborate in a team environment
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Requisition ID 2019-54340