At American Express, Enterprise Platform team was built in 2018, as part of the company’s Framework for Winning. Core to our purpose is reimagining the platform solution-delivery model to dramatically improve our strategic agility, speed to market, effectiveness of delivery and drive clarity. Our teams create solutions on Salesforce platform by harnessing the power of Data, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence to offer powerful selling and re-selling engines to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships for 20K + Sales, CRM, and Marketers across the Enterprise. We are looking for a Salesforce.com Senior Engineer to help lead our Merchant & Network Salesforce team in order to drive our company’s strategic imperatives using the latest and the greatest Salesforce products and frameworks.
- A core member of an Agile engineering team driving User story analysis & elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing and build automation tools
- Driving continuous improvement in platform structure and quality
- Participating in gate reviews and quality control over product deployments
- Seeking opportunities for adopting new technologies to tackle existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Leading, coaching and mentoring Engineering resources to ensure quality delivery and the adoption of standard methodologies.
- 3+ years in Software Development
- 2+ years experience in Cloud Technology and an in-depth understanding of the primary concepts and terminology
- 1+ years working on Salesforce applications
- 1+ years experience using Force.com (Advanced understanding of SFDC Triggers and Controllers, VF page development, sObjects, SOQL etc)
- 1+ year hands-on experience in an Agile development team
- Experience in object oriented development required
- Experience with SOAP and REST Web Services and integration using APIs is essential
- Experience with source control, branching strategies and using code repositories
- Salesforce certification preferred
- Previous experience of Test Driven Development is preferred
- Understanding of the Salesforce platform and its primary functions
- Ability to learn new technologies and embrace the challenge learning presents
- A self-starter, comfortable having conversations with business partners
- Robust and current knowledge of web standards, new technologies, and trends
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and written
Bachelors and / or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Systems or related field.