You will provide application development support by analyzing business requirements to develop appropriate systems solutions according to specifications. Come join us and lead teams to develop processes, integrate tools, and develop standards for the Salesforce environment. Show us how you provide technical expertise in evaluating, developing, deploying, monitoring, and supporting systems and procedures that are cost effective and improve work efficiency. Additionally, you will partner with chief infrastructure and architectural heads to ensure that the application meets company service level standards and roadmap requirements.
What will you do?
Salesforce DevOps Environment Manager (~ 60% of time)
- Work with SFDC Systems Analysts and Developers on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of meaningful infrastructure services (i.e. development environments, code configuration, monitoring and alerting)
- Evaluate and define exclusive business processes and tools
- Deploy solutions for a multi-development team Salesforce environment
- Provide input into day-to-day processes and tools for the SFDC platform and long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement
- Analyze and understand how IT users and business customers are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offering based on that
- Share daily operational responsibilities with the team
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence by implementing standard methodologies for coding, testing, and deployment
- Build design and coding standards to ensure consistency across applications
Salesforce Development / Support (~ 40% of time)
- Function as a SFDC developer responsible for overall solution design including all SFDC components, integrations and reporting
- Hands on design and development of custom solutions on the force.com platform including significant work in Apex, Visual Force and application integration patterns
- Work effectively in a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and building lasting relationships
- Understand key business processes, document process maps, research industry standards and self-initiate new developments based on findings
- Write design specifications (functional specifications and solution/technical design document)
- Collaborate with channel sales, direct sales and sales operations teams to continuously improve F5’s sales systems tools (order processing, lead distribution, account development, opportunity tracking etc)
- End user deployments and communications that are timely with appropriate documentation
- Understand individual responsibilities, team specialization(s), assigned project lead and task assignments
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
- Provide estimates for candidate Enhancement and Defect work to be included in release
- Analyze end-user needs and design, test, and develop software to satisfy demand
- Analyze, and translate business requirements in functional and non-function system requirements
- Develop technical workflows using different modeling techniques including UML
- Improve the performance of applications via load and stress testing
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of SFDC administration and development with experience with Apex, Visual Force, SOQL, Force.com APIs
- Knowledge of Salesforce code management solutions
- Experience with formula fields, validation and workflow rules, reporting and dashboards
- Knowledge of software design and development in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience leading technical requirements gathering sessions
- Experience leading / participating in complex projects involving SFDC
- Ability to design and optimize organization processes and to integrate process across disparate systems
- Highly process driven and eager to learn
- Experience with Mobile design and SF1 preferred
- Experience with a CPQ system preferred
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile SDLC processes
- Good understanding of business processes and how technology can enhance and improve these processes.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong programming and design skills.
- Proficient communication, planning, problem solving, trouble shooting, and organization skills.
- Competent experience with XML and Web Services
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years development experience in supporting or implementing Salesforce.com solutions
- Understanding of SOAP & REST APIs
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being on call periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 5% of the time spent traveling.
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.