The College of Graduate & Professional Studies (CGPS) at the University of New England (UNE) brings together all of the online programs at the University to maximize the strengths and opportunities for online learning at UNE. CGPS is fully committed to its vision of advancing the fields we serve: by functioning as a nexus for relationships between scholars and professionals, and by educating clients to lead in that evolving convergence.
The SalesforceDeveloper is a critical member of the Digital Services team, responsible for the development and coding of the SalesforceCRM platform for the Online College. This position collaborates with the CRM Manager (Salesforce Administrator) and with departments in both Finance & Strategy and Academic Operations to ensure the platform is functional and supports CGPS business needs. The perfect fit for this position will have basic Salesforce development and coding skills, and an aptitude for sales and marketing processes.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate project requirements, create technical designs and implement changes within the Salesforce instance
- Build Salesforce applications and leverage the full capabilities of the Salesforce platform to support the administrative and academic departments of the College
- Design and maintain custom developed portals, in conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Execute applicable user acceptance testing (UAT) and implement feedback
- Develop integration processes using web services and third-party integration tools
- Responsible for integration with other University systems, including the Pardot marketing automation tool, and Banner Integration with JitterBit
- With other team members, assist in the migration of the Salesforce Org to the HEDA structure
- Actively contribute to the future maintenance and functionality of the HEDA structure
- Work collaboratively with the CRM Manager on tasks including: User management, security, configuration and customization, work flow and approval management, templates, reports, AppExchange, data management, audits
- Manage requirements, relationships, timelines and deliverables with internal teams, vendors and other partners
- Create system and user documentation on policies and procedures for internal training purposes
- Collaborate with University offices including academic departments, admissions, financial aid, student accounts, IT and registrar
- Embrace lifelong learning and pursue self-improvement actively and independently
- Report weekly on performance and upcoming initiatives
This position works independently as a team member with oversight and supervision from the Assistant Director of Digital Services.
There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- 1-3 years of Salesforceexperiencerequired: Apex classes and triggers, SOQL, Visual Force
- Experience with relational databases a strong plus: SQL queries, views, and stored procedures
- Experience with web applications a strong plus: HTML, JavaSript, XML, web services (SOAP or REST)
- Experience with entire software development lifecycle
- General programming skills
- Familiarity and experience with Salesforce.com products
- SalesforceDeveloper and/or other certifications a plus
- Ability to manage a large number of concurrent projects
- Good working knowledge of a variety of online and direct marketing strategies and tactics, including prospecting and sales cycles and workflows
- Flexibility and eagerness to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies
- Ability to understand and report on KPI metrics
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Leadership ability with strong interpersonal skills, team oriented and proactive
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills
- Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Background check may be required.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number 20160220P