Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, creativity and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our seven regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,500 employees. In 2019, we were named one of Fortune's '100 Best Companies to Work For' and locally we are recognized as one of the best places to work in Austin.
Salesforce at Slalom
As a Platinum Salesforce partner, we help our clients transform the way they connect with their customers. Our team is made up of Salesforce-certified experts with experience across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and multiple industries. As the 3rd largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to interesting and diverse projects.
About the role
As a Salesforce Developer in our CRM practice, you'll be designing and engineering world-class solutions on the Salesforce platform, for some of Austin's most exciting brands. Professional variety is what drives us – you'll be challenged by a wide variety of projects leveraging an array of innovative technologies while delivering for clients across a broad range of industries.
- Develop custom solutions and integrations on Salesforce implementations
- Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products
- Execute test plans and ensure a quality solution is delivered
- Provide estimates of the level of effort to implement a solution based on business requirements
- For each requirement, provide guidance on clicks vs code/customization
- Adhere to modern software development lifecycle best practices including iterative and incremental development, delivering working software frequently with attention to technical excellence
- Act as a subject matter expert in the sales cycle and at marketing events (e.g. sales meetings as necessary)
- Follow and understand new Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
- Familiarity with advanced Apex programming concepts including core design patterns, limits and bulk patterns, efficient and reliable trigger handling, asynchronous operations and effective unit testing
- Contribute to knowledge growth of the Salesforce practice through documenting and sharing best practices
- Participate in code reviews to ensure high code quality standards and design patterns are utilized
- 2+ years of Salesforce platform experience
- Hands-on use of Apex, Visualforce, Visual Workflow, and/or Lightning components to create unique customer-based solutions
- Web Services development or experience with Salesforce APIs (REST/SOAP/Bulk, etc.)
- Prior experience soliciting, gathering and analyzing user input and requirements
- Strong understanding of Salesforce configuration capabilities and the ability to recommend best practices and identify areas where custom development is required
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, database design and software development life-cycle
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to non-technical stakeholders and translate functional requirements into technical specifications
- Experience in integrating Salesforce with other business systems, using various integration platforms and tools
- Strong client-facing written, presentation and verbal communications skills
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
- Passion and motivation for learning new technologies and programming languages
- Be humble and curious.