Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and Roku TV™ models are available around the world through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with TV brands and pay TV operators.
If you are a strong, senior software engineer who's excited about advertising and located at the world capital of advertising (need we say, "NYC"?), read on and apply!
Roku is seeking a seasoned software engineer to continue the scale-out of our Partner Management Platform (PMP). This mission-critical platform manages partners, from the management of data, metadata, workflows, contracts, to business objects, business rules and more.
This Salesforce-based platform is the foundation that supports the end-to-end partner journey, from the time they are onboarded, through tracking and payouts. Designing, developing, and exposing the right set of APIs around partner attributes is the key for the PMP's success.
We are looking for someone with a perfectionist streak, finding ways to facilitate seamless integration of existing and new Roku systems as well as third party products, in simple, intuitive way. The creation of robust workflows for platform users will help Roku scale this platform with our growing business needs. Along with the rest of a small team, you will own how this happens.
Things you will do:
- Design and develop a highly available and scalable platform, using our foundational Salesforce instance to streamline all-important journey of Roku partners (e.g., publishers and advertisers) throughout their journey, to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
- Work directly with end users to support reporting and administrative needs.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of our Salesforce system architecture and development best practices, to scale an instance supporting global users across multiple business units.
- Maintain and evolve existing Salesforce codebase.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, release cycle and continuous deployment.
- Design and develop APIs and Services needed for platform development.
- Own complete features, collaborating with both the product team and peers to define technical directions and designs, identifying and making practical trade-off's.
- Work closely with your Data Engineering & Advertising team as well as broader business organizations, including advertising and content programming, for requirement clarifications, execution alignment, and A/B testing.
- Participate with scrum team to plan and commit at the sprint and release level.
- Ensure on-time and high-quality delivery of the project.
- Contribute to infrastructure and process improvement within development organization. Institute and adopt best engineering practices.
Your background includes:
- 5 years of hands-on experience with Salesforce configuration and customization (e.g., APEX, Visualforce, Lightning, etc.).
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Salesforce data loading tools, web services, middleware (e.g., Dell Boomi, Informatica, etc.).
- 5+ years of software development experience developing APIs and Services.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; able to work effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, self-driven, and make practical trade-offs when necessary.
- Experience in design and development of data models and data integrity checks.
- Experience with scaling / performance tuning of highly available systems and services.
- Advertising background is a huge plus.
- Able to work through ambiguous requirements and make key decisions to make progress and evolve the platform.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or a related degree.
You get bonus points for:
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud or Service Cloud.
- AWS experience.
- Use of version control and continuous delivery systems.