Title: SFMC Developer
Location: 100% Remote
Salary + Benefits
Work with customers, business analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) solutions that are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in all phases of the full development life cycle.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from the manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise a high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks. Must be able to demonstrate the application of skills and knowledge at the depth and scope required for the position. Must be able to apply learned functional job methodologies and processes in the completion of work assignments. Understand the impact the job has on the organization.
- Coding: With limited direction, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and deploy/publish moderately complex SFMC applications/solutions. Applies structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards.
- Testing: Develops unit tests and test scripts; performs unit, regression, conversion, and parallel tests; develops end-to-end/integration test data and performs end-to-end/integration tests. With limited direction, coordinate and conduct end-to-end/integration stress tests. Assists quality assurance testing teams.
- Analysis/Design: Independently analyze and document test results to ensure that applications/solutions are meeting the technical requirements. Analyzes moderately complex business requirements and performs feasibility studies for projects typically of medium scope and complexity.
- Technical Support: Research and resolve moderately complex development issues with immediate short-term solutions.
- Documentation: Develop application/solution specifications and flowcharts, (data flows, process flows, etc.), for stand-alone applications or solutions. Prepare concise internal application/solution documentation on application/solution development and revisions.
- Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates, and project status to peers, customers, and management. Develops and maintains application, solution, and user documentation.
- Planning: Prepares sound time estimates for all phases of technical design projects.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering with 3-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Moderate experience with SFMC platform including, but not limited to Email Studio, Web Studio, Automation Studio, Journey Builder
- Moderate knowledge of AMPScript, SQL, .NET, SSJS, SFMC REST/SOAP APIs
- Moderate experience with integrating SFMC with other applications using REST/SOAP APIs (both SFMC and external systems)
- Must be able to demonstrate a very good understanding of the information technology environment/infrastructure utilized for the job and be able to identify and resolve moderately complex challenges associated with the work.
- Must have very good knowledge and understanding of the assigned information technology platform and make recommendations for improvements to the technology.
- Have a very good understanding of information/data management concepts. Must be able to effectively analyze and solve non-routine work-related problems.
- Requires very good communication skills with the ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.