- Build, manage and drive a high performance North America-based software development team of 7-10 engineers. Tasks include: recruitment, planning, assignment, tracking, performance management and people development.
- Should participate in and drive the requirements, architecture, design and implementation process to ensure a high quality delivery to test teams and product owners.
- Help investigate and collect information (metrics) to resolve process issues found on the current or past releases and to improve software quality with a drive towards automation.
- Drive innovation & take initiatives to improve the SW Delivery environment, suggest and drive tools/automation and process development to improve quality of deliverables.
- Be aware of the trends and features on the platform and understand how to use them in order to be a servant leader to the teams in helping make the right decisions.
- Use Jira to work with the Product Owners and other leaders in order to apply the scaled agile techniques towards planning at both sprint and program level over the span of a 12 month rolling window outlook
- Lead the Governance, QA, Platform and Support team with a strategic approach.
- Ensure smooth software lifecycle for all ongoing releases and sprints as it goes through various release related gates/milestones and collaborate with the Salesforce Governance administrator on release management and communication.
- Coordinate with local/remote Architecture, Product Owners, Service owners and the other global based Salesforce SW engineering and admin teams for successful delivery of features.
- Prioritize & drive resolution of customer issues actively with customer support teams and vendors. Including the refinement loop (KCS) of the available knowledge base so we can think shift-left and automation.
- Attend and drive Scrum ceremonies, protect the team and monitor velocity KPIs to report on progress and take technical leadership to help drive issue resolution.
Collaboration with stakeholders
- Service Owner / Product owner teams
- Enterprise and domain architects
- 3rd party vendors
- Program Management
- Support teams
Experience / Skill Required
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Science Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 10+ Years of software development experience
- 8+ Years of demonstrated Salesforce experience
- Exposure to software/product development cycle with track record of driving features across complete development lifecycle
- Mastery of best practices and architectural patterns in Salesforce
- Scrum Master certified
- Knowledge of Agile / Scrum and using tools like JIRA
- Exposure to Git based tools like BitBucket
- Exposure to VSCode, Salesforce DX (sfdx cli), Tooling, Metadata APIs
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills, effectively able to collaborate with multiple teams across geographically diverse areas
- Must have demonstrated understanding and application of the "Clean Coder / Clean Architecture" books philosophy.