The Pluralsight Enterprise Application Org focuses on using data to improve outcomes for our colleagues, our leadership, our customers, our authors, and everyone in the Pluralsight community. We are a team that values and encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, and strengths. In addition, we consider carefully the ethical and security implications of choices we make when using data, as well as the impact of our work on customers and colleagues.
It’s within that context that we are seeking a Salesforce Data Product Manager to help lead our efforts to centralize and formalize the coordination that is required for Pluralsight to effectively identify, prioritize, communicate, and fix data quality concerns in Salesforce, specifically on our Go-to-Market side of the house.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and upholding structures and processes that will enable Pluralsight to actively overcome and nullify data quality concerns that have the potential to affect the performance of our Sales and Marketing teams. The ideal applicant for this role will possess the ability to gather, analyze, and distill both business and technical context, for the purpose of creating consensus and clarity amongst stakeholders related to the integrity of our Salesforce data. In addition, we are seeking someone who is comfortable leading and managing multiple concurrent work streams.
We love team members who are aware of how crucial it is to be proactive and communicative, fully dedicated to providing insights and recommendations in both a technical and non-technical manner. Also, we love those who routinely and reflexively create “statement of work” documentation, seek opportunities to mentor others, and create metadata to help place code in context.
Who you're committed to being:
- You carefully consider the ethical and security implications of choices you make when using data, as well as the impact of your work on customers and colleagues.
- You use data to improve outcomes for your colleagues, our leadership, our customers, our authors, and everyone in the Pluralsight community.
- You are a proactive, self-aware, and empathetic communicator.
- You appreciate being on a team that values and encourages diverse ideas, backgrounds, and strengths.
- You create a roadmap for excellent output by identifying the questions and objectives that drive each project.
- You are open to changing your methods and conclusions in response to new knowledge.
- You present your work in ways that empower others to make more informed decisions.
- You respect and invite fair criticism while promoting the identification and open discussion of errors, risks, and unintended consequences of your work.
- You deeply understand existing and new technology trends, and you work with stakeholders to review and recommend innovative and cost-effective solutions.
What you’ll own:
- Lead data management and migration discovery sessions with key stakeholders in order to gather, analyze and document clear system requirements
- Retrieve and analyze data using a variety of tools, including data management/analytics systems
- Proactive identification and implementation of operational improvements and enhancements to meet data quality goals
- Production of highly detailed document artifacts, specifically acceptance criteria for solution deployments and procedural documentation around data-corrections processes
- Coordination of efforts related to data cleaning and deduplication initiatives to drive accurate and complete data in Salesforce
- Perform manual data corrections, both proactively and in response to documented problems
- Coordination with IT resources to prioritize system/integration issues for resolution
- Participation in other data quality initiatives as needed
- Coordination and facilitation of the Salesforce Data Quality Council
- Leadership of other Salesforce Data Quality personnel
Experience you’ll need:
- In depth experience managing customer data in Salesforce, 4+ experience in Salesforce data management is must
- Experience with data governance, data security, data quality and related tools desired
- Demonstrate deep data integration and/or migration experience with Salesforce.com and other cloud-enabled tools
- Strong understanding of key SFDC architecture and data management
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage the capabilities of high-performing teams, as well as business partners across the enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to manage laterally and upwards
- Demonstrated ability to foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience creating and executing user-acceptance tests preferred
- Expertise with analytics tools (such as SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, or similar)