The Salesforce Solution Leader is responsible for consulting across a broad range of stakeholders to develop the product roadmap and guide strategy and execution to maximize business value and performance via connected applications on the Salesforce platform.
He/she represents business priorities and directs activities of the Salesforce CRM delivery team to implement solutions that enable exceptional service delivery, increased operational efficiency, enhanced customer engagement via expanded use of data, and greater capability for NLG teammates and platform users.
He/she is a key participant in the portfolio, product, release, and sprint planning activities and manages feature completeness and acceptance testing. Through those activities he/she is responsible for managing development tasks and controls planning and execution of the tasks and resources of their assigned Scrum team to ensure that established business value, cost, time, and quality goals are met. A focus on establishing and maintaining performance metrics for the project objective and measuring against said metrics is critical.
He/she must be able to bring together a diverse stakeholder group, drive consensus and create joint understanding between the customer(s), both internal and external, and the solution delivery team. The Leader is responsible for program budget, business case and ROI. While this position does not have direct reports he/she does lead the Agile delivery team and is responsible for clear direction, coaching and mentoring in the team environment.
- Collaborate with senior management to translate short and long-term business needs into scalable solutions
- Build and continuously refine the Salesforce platform roadmap in close collaboration with stakeholders and the internal CRM development team
- Manage key milestones and deliverables associated with strategic projects within the scope of responsibility
- Lead a team of talented staff and development partners to deliver the strategy in the context of Agile SDLC
- Foster and maintain strong working partnerships with internal departments who use the CRM platform
- Identify new Salesforce platform features and capabilities that support the roadmap and work with the various stakeholders to identify if/ when they should be introduced
- Lead the effort to identify and promote best practices on the Salesforce platform
- Lead business prioritization and issue review sessions; Communicate details of fixes, enhancements, and new capabilities on the platform including timelines to relevant internal business audiences
- Create and maintain operational and functional metrics; maintain financial business case and ROI
- Define and monitor KPIs to measure the health and adoption of the Salesforce platform
- Identify and coordinate Salesforce training for internal employees; drive adoption and nurture use
- Stay current on technological advances relevant to supporting efficient business processes; drive innovation
- Bachelor's degree in business, MIS, or related field preferred. At least five years applicable experience
- Proven Product or Program management experience required; experience leading change in an Agile/Scrum or Lean environment in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in Life/Annuity Insurance vertical; certifications preferred (i.e. LIMRA)
- Experience leading CRM programs; Salesforce Service and/or Sales cloud experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills; ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write detailed business requirements/user stories for Agile/Scrum team to execute
- Ability to Influence and deliver in an environment with multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
- Ability to quickly gather and assess relevant data and provide recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence through communication