8 - 10 years experience • Information Services
The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide effective Solution Architecture leadership associated with business systems, specifically Marketing Automation, Sales Force Automation and Order to Cash.
The candidate will bring demonstrable experienceassociated with Salesforce.com, Force.com, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Service Cloud Platforms.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of these platforms and establishing adoption strategies, including but not limited to business processes, hosting infrastructure, security, integration to other IT systems with IT audiences up to CIO/CTO level and engage business heads and business users.
1. Provide technology leadership. Develop technologyarchitecture, both at a high-level and a detailed-level.
2. Work with other architects to fulfill end to end solution delivery taking full responsibility of Salesforce.com solution.
3. Drive business requirements translation into a technical solution.
4. Participate and contribute in design sessions – expectation to suggest design alternatives.
5. Gathering and articulating non-functional requirements.
6. Reviewing business, function and technical requirements.
7. Create key architecture documentation and deliverables.
8. Work with integrators for solution architecture, estimates, delivery etc.
9. Update management team on overall project, risks, and technology issues and propose suitable alternatives.
10. Act as a general purpose troubleshooter capable of being applied to mission critical issues that arise. This will require a strong working knowledge of what it takes to build, deploy, and maintain large-scale distributed systems.
11. Provide technology assessments, prototypes, and other general consulting for the engineering teams and business stakeholders as needed.
12. Identify and lead the evaluation of new technologies. Participate in the technology adoption life cycle.
13. Function as a technical conduit for new ideas to be evaluated and proposed for implementation.
14. Identify and drive best coding and development practices across the engineering organization.
15. Plan for the evolution of the Business Unit systems, including the retirement and replacement of existing systems.
16. Proactively research, monitor, learn, and assess industry/technology advancements and continually build alliances to explore ways to leverage and advance our technical opportunities.
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in computer science or otherengineering field.
2. Master's degree in computer science preferred.
3. 8years' experience developing CRM solutions, the majority with Salesforce.
4. Demonstrated experience with at least two large scale full lifecycle of CRM solutions.
5. Minimum 2 years of experience with Salesforce, in a delivery focused role.
6. Experience migrating from Siebel to SFDC, PREFERRED
7. Strong knowledge of CRM software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
8. Knowledge of data integration tools and experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems (ETL, CPQ, marketing automation, reporting).
9. Achieved relevant Salesforce certificates (Admin, Developer and Architect).
10. Experience integrating Salesforce with REST APIs and RESTful Web Services.
11. Expert level experience defining the system architecturelandscape.
12. Ability to identify gaps between current and future state.
13. Ability to lead and mentor development team.
14. Strong demonstrated understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices and deployment methodologies in a production setting.
15. Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements, deliverables, and set expectations on tasks.
16. Able to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues, including the ability to facilitate decision making by clearly representing complex technical subjects.
17. Able to thrive in a self-directed, flexible, and iterative work environment with quickly evolving requirements and rapidly changing project needs.
18. Experience working in an Agile development environment.
19. Able to travel as needed.
20. Excellent written and oral communication skills.