Brief Summary of Role
Appirio Business Analysts (BAs) are tasked with facilitating requirements development sessions to gain an understanding of our customer's current state processes and technology in the CRM space, and supporting implementation work that follows. The BA will elicit current state pain points, and uncover gaps in CRM best practices. From the session output, the BA will work with their delivery team to design a future state solution and be responsible for its approval and decomposition into user stories. When appropriate, they will also produce more detailed supporting materials such as business cases, business process diagrams, wireframes and other context diagrams.
As a Certified Salesforce Consultant, the Appirio BA should efficiently synthesize both technical and business information and present implementation needs and options confidently. The BA presents complex information equally well to a C-level audience or a developer community. The BA has hands on experience implementing Safesforce functionality and can act as a knowledgeable liaison between technical teams, testing teams and business stakeholders during the implementation phase.
Business Analysts will work onsite with customers to elicit and analyze their requirements, develop designs, and implement Salesforce. Specific areas of concentration include:
- Build a clear requirements development strategy for each customer engagement.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce’s capabilities and limitations and can clearly communicate those to customers.
- Lead discovery workshops, which includes the facilitation of large audiences, solution presentations, and prototype demonstrations.
- Responsible for identification and inventory of customer process pain points and gaps in best practices.
- Perform rapid analysis and decomposition of complex business information into technical process components.
- Perform business process modelling, User experience modeling and basic technical architecture diagramming.
- Can interpret technical and business strategy roadmaps and apply a detailed technical solution.
- Comfortable building and demonstrating prototypes in Salesforce.
- Strong presenter to C Suite level audiences as well as technical teams.
- Comfortable with heavy involvement in user acceptance test planning.
- Effectively leverage multiple implementation team types (User experience, Change Management, Global Development Centers, Developer Communities)
- Has hands on experience in several mid-size, global implementations using Salesforce in some of the following areas:
*System Implementation & Adoption
*Salesforce Sales Cloud
*Salesforce Service Cloud
*Salesforce Marketing Cloud
*Salesforce Communities and Mobile
*Salesforce Force.com platform development
*Salesforce’s Apex programming language
Education and Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Consultant for a mid-to-large sized organization, or direct consulting expertise leading sales and marketing transformation projects
- 2+ years experience with Salesforce.com configuration required
- Experience with Salesforce.com custom development preferred
- Experience with other CRM software (Siebel, Clarify, Vantive, Peoplesoft, NetSuite, RightNow, etc.) preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Salesforce.com Administrator or Salesforce.com Sales/Service Cloud certifications preferred
- Located and able to work in the U.S. from a home office and able to travel up to 40-60%
- NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP