Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
As a Salesforce Architect, you will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of global, high-performance solutions on our Salesforce platform. Using your deep understanding of core and advanced Salesforce capabilities, you will deliver innovative solutions that minimize customizations and maximize value to the business.
Teradata’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require the Salesforce Architect to keep the big picture in focus. Relationships are crucial to our success and yours. You will navigate the organizations numerous product areas, build strong relationships with executives, stakeholders and the technical development team. You will interact with the business leaders identifying system needs, translating these needs into User Stories and then working with the Salesforce Admins and Developers to implement the necessary enhancements.
You will provide technical leadership to the Salesforce development team. You will be responsible for the implementation of complex and highly visible Salesforce projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with executive leadership and subject matter experts to clearly define global business needs
• Lead the design, configuration and customization of Salesforce to meet the requirements
• Interact effectively with diverse technical and non-technical groups spanning organizational levels
• Utilize deep understanding of core Salesforce capabilities to deliver innovative solutions
• Assess impact to scope, schedule of various design alternatives
• Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and a proven ability to handle multiple priorities
• Manage the development lifecycle and release management for multiple Salesforce initiatives
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years deploying and supporting Salesforce in a large, complex environment
• Minimum 5 years as a Salesforce Architect with a proven track record
• Strong team management, able to instill passion, loyalty, and commitment among team members
• High degree of professional confidence and credibility with an effective presence
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical concepts and plans
• Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, analytical, and collaboration skills
• Ability to consider upstream and downstream process impacts and implications
• Strong understanding of project methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
• Experience facilitating cross-functional business process analysis and design
This position is in San Diego, CA and may require up to 10% travel.