Are you a self-motivated IT professional with a proven background in Salesforce administration? Are you able to maintain, support, and configure the organization’s Salesforce software and related applications? Are you able to provide outstanding customer service? If so, are you ready for the next step in your career with one of the most progressive and innovative YMCA Associations in the country?
This position will work with software development on new features and with project teams implementing additional modules such as Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Communities and NPSP.
The YMCA of Central Florida is enjoying tremendous growth while providing national leadership in the areas of health innovation and community collaborations. Come be a part of something great!
Along with a highly competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Central Florida provides exceptional benefits which include the following:
- Affordable and excellent quality healthcare (medical, dental, vision options).
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance provided at no cost to the employee.
- 12% Employer funded retirement plan after two years of service with immediate vesting and the ability to add additional earnings from first day of employment.
- YMCA membership for employee, and household.
- Generous paid time off package.
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative, talented and diverse individuals!
The YMCA of Central Florida is a Drug Free Workplace and is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; finance, accounting, information systems or related field of study preferred.
- Salesforce Administration certification required.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in Salesforce Administrator Role, including administering setups and configurations of Salesforce.
- 3 – 5 years experience as a user of Salesforce.
- 3 – 5 years experience with requirements gathering, documenting, hands-on detailed system design, end user support, and implementation required.
- Understanding of relational databases and data integration tools.
- Administer all Salesforce environments: including but not limited to managing multiple user setup, profiles, and roles, customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts, formulas, workflows, and validation rules.
- Monitor batch jobs that are scheduled to run on Salesforce instances.
- Coordinate and establish business processes and identify new functionality to drive user adoption and increased company performance.
- Define and document configurations changes.
- Define and document business process changes.
- Collaborate with the development team in the systems testing stage to ensure the solution is usable in the business environment.
- Provide hands-on day-to-day application support to the business as needed, including resolving helpdesk tickets and completing small enhancements.