Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Information Systems, the Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce.com deployment and work closely with functional leaders, institutional units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop, and deploy new business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator, and part Salesforce analyst responsible for execution of day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and improvement of our CRM platform.
- Serves as primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment.
- Manages all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows, and other routine tasks.
- With a strong understanding of the platform, able to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
- Completes regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades.
- Works with institutional management teams to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities.
- Assists with end user training.
- Serves as liaison between users, vendors, and application development teams.
- Works with user community to define and document development requirements.
- Works collaboratively with central and non-central technology service providers and functional offices to ensure coordination and follow-through on services; participates as a member of the Gallaudet Technology Services (GTS) Leadership Team; participates as a member of the GTS team, wherein each function has persons with primary and backup responsibilities; fulfills primary functions assigned to this position and trains backup personnel for this position; fulfills backup functions assigned to this position; and maintains skills for the backup functions.
- Establishes and maintains a positive and supportive working relationship with co-workers and supervisor.
- Shows a genuine commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; and participates in activities and workshops to foster continuous learning.
- Serves as a mandatory reporter under Title IX; and commits to completing Title IX training and other compliance requirements on an annual basis.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications (When the candidate’s resume meets these qualifications, it will be screened in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three years of professional experience as a Salesforce.com administrator.
Preferred Qualifications (While not required, it is an advantage for what the position needs.)
- Salesforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certification.
- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and Developer certifications.
- Experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment.
- Experience developing requirements for CRM project or implementation.
- Experience working in an education setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Qualities that will help the incumbent be more successful in the position.)
- Strong understanding of the platform and Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Excellent problem solving, documentation, and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Strong creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and across University departments, outside constituents and groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.