Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
Summary of Position: The ASVP is responsible for leading, building, developing, and implementing sales strategies and tactics for their sales team to achieve operational and financial objectives. The ASVP needs to develop a successful team by having a focus in targeted recruitment and effective training and skill development. In addition, the ASVP will strategically manage PNS, other 3rd party and customer relationships, and ensure their team sells effectively to meet individual and team sales objectives.
Business Management and Development
- Oversees the daily operations of the sales team to ensure goals and objectives are being met.
- Establish account lists and align sales territories.
- Ensures that each sales team member has a business and territory plan in place and that it is reviewed and updated quarterly.
- Ensures strategic plans are developed and implemented for the PNS teams in your team’s area.
- Ensures strategic account plans are developed and completed for top accounts in your team’s area.
- Ensure that strategies and plans are in place to maximize our penetration of our customers for financing of all their technology acquisitions.
- Ensures that all opportunities are entered and managed in the pipeline tool (EIS), updated regularly and kept current.
- Monitors all sales activities within the team to ensure satisfactory account management performance is being consistently maintained and goals and objectives are being met.
- Reviews all current projects to include: invoicing, project milestones, and performance to ensure we are maximizing our sales efforts and meeting quarterly performance objectives.
- Achieves sales and marketing goals by working effectively with internal and external partners.
- Creates and maintains client relationships within the customer base to include; meetings with manufacturers, customers, and vendors to continue and enhance the Presidio business and make us the partner of choice.
- Provides RFP assistance and direction to PTC sales and PNS teams.
- Approve timecards and expense reports for direct reports in accordance with specified budgets and company policies and procedures.
PNS and 3rd Party Vendor Management
- Interacts with PNS and select 3rd Party vendor partners on a strategic level to plan, manage, and evaluate annual growth objectives for both sides.
- Routinely communicates to PNS and select 3rd Party vendor partners to ensure plan objectives are being met and create go to market strategies.
- Fosters effective relationships with PNS and select 3rd Party vendor partners to increase effectiveness in business growth.
- Ensures sales team is actively engaged with their assigned PNS teams.
- Ensures consistent execution of sales strategy by sales team, including identifying customer needs and selling the appropriate Presidio financial solutions.
- Drives sales team to develop business through multiple marketing and sales techniques including but not limited to cold calling, conducting in person meetings, and partnering with PNS, select 3rd Party vendors or manufacturers.
- Ensures that sales team maintains a targeted understanding of key prospects and all customers’ business showing the ability to establish customer needs, buying cycles, and creating strong relationships to effectively drive sales and repeat business.
- Ability to work with and coach sales team members to create a strategic plan with the customer’s executive staff and PNS sales teams to add value to their business and develop account plans to meet the customer’s and Presidio’s strategic need.
- Meets or exceeds annual sales top line revenue and volume goals as defined by management.
- Manages individual and sales team’s sales objectives to ensure that sales orders and billing activities necessary to support quarterly goals are done timely, accurately and completely.
- Ensure that sales team properly manages on-going customer account maintenance to include, updating account information in internal systems and resolving customer satisfaction issues.
- Works with sales team and support teams to ensure that quotes, proposals and documentation are provided and order requests are processed accurately.
- Ensures that sales team coordinates and supports the efforts of the syndications and support teams to ensure appropriate approvals and documents are accurately completed and properly secured.
- Maintains relationships with all levels of customer contacts, but has a focus to maintain executive level (Director and above) relationships.
- Manage past due invoice resolution with accounting to ensure proper collections.
- Develop, build and manage solid relationships with the PNS Sales Management teams you support to ensure we are engaged and a key part of their go-to-market strategy.
Human Resource Leadership & Development
- Ensure each staff member completes Career Development Plan and reviews quarterly at a minimum.
- Educates team on sales, credit, operational and business acumen to better support customer needs.
- Mentors and motivates sales team members to ensure satisfactory performance.
- Ensures training and development on reporting and metrics management, internal systems and processes to enhance the accuracy of sales forecasts and processes.
- Continuously drives recruiting efforts and leads interviewing efforts to ensure a continuous pool of candidates and to find and select the most qualified sales candidates.
- Manages and educates team on account mapping, marketing, planning, and execution to further enhance go to market strategies.
- Reviews and completes annual performance appraisals for direct reports in accordance to policy and procedures.
- Monitors staff development objectives to include, sales training and certifications to ensure Presidio maintains a qualified sales staff.
- Ensures sales team is compliant with all systems, policies and processes.
Strategic Planning & Presentation
- Provides accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly sales forecasts and manages individual and team pipelines at all stages to ensure we are meeting goals and objectives.
- Understands market trends and trains internal and external partners on business opportunities.
- Conducts regular sales commitment calls on both regional and corporate levels to ensure effective strategies are being deployed.
- Reviews company, territory, regional and individual progress updates with team members.
Basic Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 5-7 sales management experience
- 7+ years of I.T. leasing experience
- Experience in technology solution sales preferred.
- Ability to travel 30-50% (depending on location)
- In-depth understanding of lease structures, contracts and applicable accounting and tax rulings.
- Strong knowledge of credit analysis and portfolio management.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and T-Value.
- Knowledge of basic economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of administration and management principles, specifically in; strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of human resource principles and procedures to include; personnel recruitment, selection, training, and development.
- Effective people management and instructing skills to include; motivating, developing, directing, and identifying the best people for the job.
- Ability to sense and forecast problem areas.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with members across departments and at all levels of the organization.