The Sales Training Manager provides Front Line Care (FLC) product and soft skills training to sales representatives and managers globally over the course of their tenure. This person also oversees the process for ensuring distributor reps globally are trained and maintain a level of proficiency on Hillrom’s Front Line Care products, which include patient monitoring, cardiology, physical exam, blood pressure, and thermometry. This position also works across business units to ensure FLC’s requirements are included in an evolving centralized approach to training (e.g., end-user customer training, virtual selling).
This position is currently virtual; however, will require up to 40% travel globally outside of the U.S. to conduct in-person training at Hillrom offices or distributor locations once travel restrictions are lifted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute existing training process, recommend improvements, implement.
- Partner with upstream marketing managers to create effective training for new product launches.
- Prioritize training needs globally.
- Conduct instructor-led training (virtually and someday in person) globally; track training completion.
- Create online and instructor-led training modules and make trainings available in Learning Management System.
- Track learning success, partner with sales leadership to identify skills gaps, output from gap analyses, and implement methodologies for the sales representatives to close their skills gaps.
- Coordinate a team of FLC global LMS training administrators to ensure their success overseeing the training process for distributors in their territories.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in business, marketing, education, or nursing fields.
- 8 years or more of combined field sales and sales training, or equivalent.
- Experience designing, creating, and implement training curriculum/workshops for behavior change.
- Ability to diagnose and coach individuals to higher levels of performance, and to provide appropriate feedback to inform decisions if not meeting expectations.
- Previous experience partnering with sales leadership to identify and drive sales training needs and gap assessments, strongly preferred.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills; verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of customer groups (field sales, and external)
- Experience with Content Authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate, or Brainshark
- Experience uploading content, assigning training, and managing paperless workflows in Learning Management Systems
- High level of proficiency with MS Office tools including PowerPoint and virtual platforms such as Teams or WebEx.
- Knowledge of sales methodologies for hospital and physician office products and solutions, preferred.
- Ability to establish strategic direction and drive execution.
- Demonstrated flexibility, objectivity, commitment, and high energy level.
- Strong customer service orientation.