Who We Are
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that's just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactionswith their target audience.
About the Team
The Sales team is committed to delivering innovative product solutions that benefit our clients and enhance the communications industry. We are thoughtful, motivated, creative, and strategic individuals who thrive on friendly competition and solving tough challenges. We ask inquisitive questions to uncover clients' needs and love sharing our deep knowledge of industry trends and best practices. We win new opportunities, and pride ourselves in building and maintaining successful, long-lasting client relationships.
About the Role
Business Wire is seeking a Sales Training Manager to join our global sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for sales training and coaching initiatives that will improve the skills, knowledge, and competencies of new and existing sales employees. This includes the development, implementation, and ongoing management of the sales onboarding process, sales presentation skills, and continuous sales training.
You will work directly with sales management, product marketing, and the people & culture team to ensure that Business Wire's sales training programs are current, effective, and aligned with our core values and company strategy. These programs will help to develop our employees' sales skills and confidence to ensure success in our industry's rapidly changing business trends. Ideal candidates will have a background in sales with a deep expertise in developing and facilitating training programs.
This position can be based in Chicago, New York, or San Francisco
What You'll Do
- Become an expert in our products, value proposition, industry, and best practices to effectively train and support our global sales employees.
- Work in partnership with Sales leadership and team members, and leverage data to assess gaps and prioritize needs to improve efficiencies and drive results.
- Create sales training strategy and build curriculum plan to support achievement of desired knowledge and skills that meet current and future needs in support of sales initiatives.
- Design, develop, and deliver engaging and scalable sales training programs inclusive of product training, competitive knowledge, client/industry trends, sales processes, internal tools, and best practices.
- Identify KPI's and report on learning progress over time by gathering feedback inclusive of training impact, efficiency of initiatives, and skills and knowledge mastery for individuals and the organization.
- Model continuous learning by staying aware of current sales trends and applying appropriately to overarching strategic learning initiatives on behalf of the organization, including weekly identification for the Sales team of strategic articles and publications that support industry knowledge and Business Wire's value proposition.
What You'll Need
- BA/BS degree, with 5‐7 years of relevant professional experience in sales, including sales training and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated ability to manage curriculum development and delivery using a variety of learning methods (i.e. self‐ directed, online, blended, in‐person).
- Proven ability to successfully complete multiple, time‐sensitive projects and initiatives without significant supervision.
- Highly analytical with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to adapt to different learning styles.
- Hyper attention to detail with relentlessly high standards.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles, and build successful relationships at all organizational levels and geographic locations.
- Self‐motivated, takes initiative, and passionate about sales training, winning business, and helping others to succeed.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM and Cornerstone LMS is highly preferred.
- Overnight travel is required.