Job ID 2018-11360
Davol Inc./C.R. Bard has joined BD. BD Interventional’s Surgery worldwide business unit, located in Rhode Island, is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of innovative, life-enhancing medical technologies. For the past 40 years, we have stood out as the market leader in providing solutions in soft tissue reconstruction including products for hernia repair, specialized surgical procedures, fixation and biologic implants. In addition to this extensive suite of products, our BioSurgery business is delivering a growing line of enhanced sealants and hemostatic products to complement surgical techniques across, thoracic, cardiovascular and other surgical specialties.
Our company has a strong tradition of developing our employees to learn, grow and excel. We are continually building our team with qualified, team oriented individuals to enhance the success of our company.
The Surgery business unit is situated in a central location, surrounded by a scenic coastline with easy access to T.F. Green Airport, AMTRAK Train Stations and Route 95, a major highway connecting to Providence, Connecticut, Boston and New York City within a short amount of time.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
Under the direction and supervision of the Director, Sales Enablement and Professional Development, this position will assist in the design, implementation and delivery of product and procedure training. In addition, to improve knowledge and competencies around the execution of business unit and sales team objectives, to improve sales skills, sales leadership, sales process, and to increase sales effectiveness and high impact results.
Essential job Functions:
- Liaise with E-learning Specialist to story board learning content, manage, and facilitate training programs (web based or in person instructor-led e-learning, and self- paced learning) that align with and support the business strategy for new hires and tenured sales reps.
- Maintain and updatesales training content and design to reflect new techniques, products, changes in the market or sales goals.
- Facilitate live and virtual training classes, utilizing adult learning methods while incorporating advanced tools.
- Research training 'best practices' and advice as to the most effective approach to program design, presentation, and implementation during times of change.
- Partner with Franchise leads to measure and monitor the impact of training on the business and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities and regularly monitors and reports results to management, along with recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- Consult with Downstream Marketing Managers to oversee building and maintain learning and development solutions including, multimedia visual aids, e-learning, mobile, webinars, and just-in time-training to assist with improving job performance keeping in mind the product differences within region.
- Measure effectiveness and ROI of learning initiatives and develop strategies that lead to improved results.
- Conduct needs analysis to analyze gaps and determine performance and training needs.
- Provides training on product portfolio, sales process and sales leadership system to sales force and first line managers.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a training specialist skilled in virtual and blended learning techniques or minimum of 2 years experience as a training specialist skilled in virtual and blended learning techniques, with a minimum of 3 years experience as a field sales professional
- Experience in program/curriculum design, delivery and maintenance of instructor-led and e-learning training with proven results
- Strong project management, communication, facilitation and instructional design skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver engaging virtual learning
- Ability to craft various levels of quiz questions and knowledge checks
- High energy and positive attitude, with proven track record to inspire, teach and motivate trainees
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in team environment and collaborate across multiple functional areas
- Detail-oriented and create
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects effectively
- Strong presence and ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Field salesexperience
- Training experience and/or selling experience in health care or medical device industry strongly
- Knowledge of adult educational/learning theory and practice
- Familiarization with the software tools used in the medical device industry