BASIC SKILLS and RESPONSIBILITIES of a Sales Learning and Development Specialist
- Be a promoter of the Avetta mission, vision and values in all training delivery
- Prepares new sales teammates by conducting orientation to sales process; developing individual coaching plans; providing resources and assistance; scheduling orientation with senior representatives and more
- Supports and continually enhances the process to facilitate rapid application and development through the use of templates and GLO standards
- Drives sales process adoption of change through product and process training modules
- Manages training projects from start to finish, including communicating crucial updates and training progress/ risks
- Proactively identifies and highlights continuous improvement opportunities in learning material, curriculums and key learning processes to Learning and Development leader
- Manage stakeholder expectations against project recommendations to ensure consensus and agreement
- Utilize project management principles to develop a comprehensive project plan in which to manage the project timelines/deliverables
- Work as a professional partner and learning consultant when interfacing with internal customers to solve business problems in ways that meet the needs of all key stakeholders, including the learner
- Coordinate project tasks with management and team members as needed. Maintain open and streamlined communication with all staff involved in new initiatives and projects as related to training
- Responsible for delivery of Sales Product / Uptraining / Cross training and technical tools training
- Manage all technical aspects of physical and virtual classroom training while simultaneously delivering content
- Deliver content in 'Train the Trainer' sessions, as required
- Conduct needs analysis in-order to make recommendations against the needs of the project incorporating basic adult learning theory
- Work collaboratively with the Avetta Learning Leader to make recommendations on key decisions relating to the instructional content, method, and material prior to delivery
- Critically review training material and programs, to ensure that high quality, effective training material is delivered to learners
- Participate on projects as requested, with supervision
- Work as a professional partner when interfacing with internal customers to solve business problems in ways that meet the needs of all key stakeholders, including the learner
Instructional Design Skillset
- Develop sales learning objectives, and/or update learning program content and affiliated materials such as job aides, instructor guides, and participant guides as directed
- Conduct learner analysis for assigned instructional tasks, resulting in a clear analysis as the basis for instructional content
- Work collaboratively with internal Stakeholders (product managers, requestors, teammates, etc.) to ensure content accuracy and relevance
- Design learning, performance, and business objectives that are measurable and relevant
- Design learning evaluations that are tied to analysis/objectives
- Utilize instructional models and adult learning methods to design learning experiences that promote practice, retention, and application of new skills and knowledge
- Identify ways to modify/improve classroom and virtual learning experience to gain efficiencies based on trends and feedback
- Provide basic estimations of work schedule in a project plan including: total hours to complete a project, stakeholder input dates, draft dates, review dates, final product dates
- Support the creation and maintenance of correlating knowledge content
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent experience in corporate learning and or adult education.
- 5+ years experience in classroom and virtual delivery.
- 3+ years instructional design including eLearning development.
- 2+ years sales training.
- Must be comfortable presenting in front of small to large groups including both internal and external learners.
- Ability to read and interpret technical and other complex tools and documents into material people will understand.
- Ability to write clear and concise materials, e-mails, meeting agendas, outlines, etc.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal and/or external clients.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Constructive thinking and alternative short- to long-term solutions must be considered.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote) and SalesForce including use of styles, templates and advanced formatting.
- Strong time-management, organization, and intermediate level project management skills required.
- Demonstrated passion/potential for Technology.
- 1+ years knowledge management skillset
- eLearning, Instructional Design or Learning Specialist certificates, ASTD certificates, etc.
- Fluency in any of the following languages: French, German, Spanish