The Team Lead for Walmart Snacking contributes to the Company’s success by developing and translating account-level plans into in-store execution. This person leads the Walmart Snacking Everyday team, influencing the customer’s buying decisions to help Ferrara grow its footprint and gain share to outpace the competition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Manages Walmart VP customer relationship and support Walmart Snacking Team with Buyer relationships.
- Lead business development & strategy for Walmart Snacking, aligning corporate priorities with the customer. Snacking includes – cookies, cones, crusts, fruit snacks, dessert toppers and baking (~$225M)
- Leads coordination and development of JBP’s, QBR and Innovation Summits
- Manages Walmart Snacking gross to net revenue goals consisting of AOP planning and monthly forecasting in conjunction with sales planning, demand planning and supply planning
- Manages and develops the Walmart Snacking Team (2 direct reports)
- Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Understands and demonstrates the Company’s core values
- Performs other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must reside in the Northwest Arkansas market with the ability to travel as required
- Ability to lead an effective and engaged team
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation and relationship management skills
- Understanding of syndicated data, specifically IRI, as well as Retail Link to create fact-based presentations and recommendations
- Demonstrated track record of innovation within the store from shelving, merchandising, promotion programs, and assortment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel & PowerPoint
- Direct selling to Walmart preferred or other large National Retailers
- 10 years sales of sales related experience working in the CPG industry with National Accounts
- Experience working in an internal support role (i.e. Sales Operations, Sales Strategy/Channel Marketing, or Category Management) is a plus
- Experience with P&L management and sales forecasting
- Prior experience with Snacking or Confections is desired