We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
You are a focused, motivated and detail-oriented Sales Tax Manager who has a preferred minimum of 3-5 years of prior relevant experience.
You will analyze and interpret tax laws and regulations and prepare required tax reports, tax returns, tax filings and comply with SEC reporting obligations so that the organization meets its tax and regulatory requirements. You will also maintain tax information and records; tax declarations, and other required reports so that they are accurately and timely remitted to the taxing authorities. Additionally, you will Analyze and interpret tax laws and regulations to understand how they impact the organization's operations to provide for the best tax planning and structuring on a worldwide basis.
- Actively administers, troubleshoots, maintains ownership of all transaction tax systems, system testing and responsible to oversee the detail of all business intelligence systems and data for transaction tax calculations, company wide.
- Assures the accuracy of all setting within Vertex O, Vertex Q, Avalara, AvaCert, Cert Capture, SAP, Ariba, SharePoint and an others, as assigned, according to department policies. Maintains all required documentation and troubleshoots transaction tax engine inconsistencies requiring timely investigation, abatement and resolution, reporting outcomes to management and adhering to all SOX controls. Maintains ownership of system setting accuracy through documented testing.
- Responsible for overseeing the development, the completeness and the availability of accurate reporting to maintain information needs throughout the transaction tax section.
- Works closely with each team member analyzing information needs, while seeking automated solutions for all aspects of section financial responsibilities.
- Sets up, utilizes and trains all Citrix tools, professional tax accounting duties and systems for team use such as ShareFile, Podio, KPMG Tools and all other new tools in the future.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of Section Training and Section Training documentation, including the completeness of Transaction Tax Job Guides, requesting team submissions and creating a complete training library, for all employees to utilize for both minor and major functions and duties . Schedules team trainings on at least a monthly frequency.
- Responsible to train (at managers request) new compliance and certificate management employees entering the Department and advising them as they become proficient with their job duties. Support all managers employee tax team educational needs..
- Responsible for the maintenance of the transaction tax section retention tree for all team requirements. Set up and train team members on file naming conventions as designated by management..
- Acts as liaison for the Tax Department with internal and external Citrix customers, third party service providers.
- Works with Operations Manager on special assignment of duties to support audit defense. Assists Operations Manager in managing Certificate Management duties when team is in need.
- Applies professional expertise with effectively and timely executes project management for day-to day and special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Expert working knowledge of SAP, Vertex O, Vertex Q and Avalara tax engines as well as a firm working knowledge of sales tax compliance, reporting and remittance processes for a multi-state corporation.
- Expert ability to accurately troubleshoot, apply, test and maintain a materials matrix and multiple material groups in all transaction tax systems.
- Proven strong ability to interact with internal departments and external parties, utilize expert troubleshooting skills within a team atmosphere.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be loyal and maintain sound confidentiality.
- Proven self-starter with a entry level managerial work ethic and aptitude to work consistently, completely and effectively with good direction but little direct supervision.
- Ability to develop action plans and work independently on multiple projects, while meeting prioritization and time specific deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), reporting tools and internet usage.
- Vertex O Certification and Advanced Certification
- Expert accounting skills with SAP, expert research skills in TTR and CCH.
- Expert knowledge of Sales Tax accounting principles and practices.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. Masters Degree or CPA preferred.
- Five or more years of complex sales and use tax compliance and transaction tax systems experience in a multi-state corporate setting and with demonstrated progressive responsibility.
- Proven sound supervisory skillset.
- Proven expert project management skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master’s degree with 3 years; or a PhD without experience
In other words, if you have exceptional revenue accounting experience and we just described you, then we’d love to talk!
This job description is not intended to be, and should not be construed, as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skill efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.