Serve as dedicated resource to support sales activities, including assistance with customer quotes, sales information management, and preparation of supporting materials. Complete assignments to best position Blue Cross Blue Shield products and services in a competitive environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as dedicated resource to support sales activities, including assistance with customer quotes, sales information management, and preparation of supporting materials.
- Work with brokers and prospects to obtain all necessary information to generate a proposal or quote. In partnership with Account Executives and Underwriting, identify all that is needed to generate a proposal and prepare proposal packages inclusive of standard and custom benefit summaries and other standard collateral.
- Complete and prepare various forms, including those necessary to ensure assignment of appropriate resources to accounts.
- Assist in the development and coordination of proposed benefit grid comparisons. Identify areas where our product differentiates from the competition. Highlight areas where our proposal is stronger and provides more value.
- Assist Account Executives with pipeline tracking and management in the CRM tool. Assist with the creation and maintenance of key prospect resumes.
- Assist management in developing pipeline reporting on a regular cadence.
- Assist with ensuring completion and accuracy of enrollment applications and formatting of enrollment tracking data. Create invoices for estimated binder checks.
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials, including coordination of open enrollment materials and collateral, as needed.
- Assist with purchase and activation requests; gather and complete sold paperwork as needed and respond to internal inquiries to ensure accurate account set-up.
- Coordinate scheduling of related activities and fairs with BCBSRI vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years' experience in healthcare, provider or customer service, marketing, sales, or related field.
- Valid driver's license.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of commercial products and benefits.
- Knowledge of national healthcare trends, including healthcare reform legislation.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to interpret and synthesize complex data sets.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Good business acumen and political savvy.
- Knowledge of business process improvement techniques and strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels.
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguous situations with limited direction.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects.
- Strong responsiveness/sense of urgency.