Avail is looking for a detailed-oriented, self-motivated Sales Support Specialist with excellent communication skills, extensive background of understanding HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC2 as well as network and Security technologies. The responsibilities of this position include managing customer Security questionnaire responses, RFP’s and other customer facing technical documentation.
Responsible for customer communication on questionnaires revolving around IT, Security, Platform features and Compliance. This person will work closely with Sales, Engineering and Support for submitting the required information to our customers in a timely manner.
- Learn the technical and security related details of the Avail solution and what problem it solves for our clients
- Assist Sales team with various technical inquiries, RFIs, documentation to support the Pre-Sales process
- Responsible for efficient workflow while working with Sales team - receiving, prioritizing, coordinating and gathering data, filling-out and submitting the customer requested information such as IT and Security questionnaires
- Collaborate with SMEs across the organization – Engineering, Support, Field ops teams to streamline the response process related to technical security documentation
- Able to understand the complexities of technical details such as features, infrastructure, security details and be able articulate effectively
- Assist with creating customer facing technical documentation for the Avail solution
- Attend meetings with potential customers as part of pre-sales process to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is provided in a timely manner
- Act as a liaison to hospital IT departments to ensure smooth customer deployments
- 5+ years of Information Technology and Compliance technical writing supporting Sales.
- Degree or knowledge in IT, Compliance, Security and networking.
- Excellent technical document writer with experience in filling customer questionnaires (IT, security etc.). Credential/certification in English, Communication, or equivalent in professional experience is desirable
- Experience with RFP automation software such as Loopio or RFPIO is a plus.
- Experience interacting with IT teams at Hospital and Medical Device Providers is helpful.
- Intermediate-level familiarity with security documents, IT questionnaires, Data in motion, security around access, high level AWS and network technologies.
- Solutions experience and certifications in AWS Foundations, HCISPP or Security+ are a plus.
- Familiarity with ISO 27001, SOC2, NIST certifications is useful.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams interacting with Engineering, Support, Sales and Field teams.
- Understanding of HIPAA, FDA regulation is desirable.
- Expert time management and prioritization skills are required to juggle competing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree
Desired Skills, Not required:
- Familiarity with medical environment (surgery centers, operating rooms, sterile field procedures, etc.,)
- Healthcare IT background
- Information Security and Privacy background
- Industry related credentialing (MCSA, CNP, CompTIA A+)
- Process orientation (Ability to break tasks into sequential steps)
- Knowledge of medical industry terms and standards (HIPAA, GDPR)