Whether you believe in serendipity or just plain luck, you’ve just found the “best kept secret” in the sales world. Seriously. All you need to bring is integrity, drive, and the desire to earn a six-figure income (yes, really).
Ranked one of the Top 50 Best Companies to Sell For, we offer our sales professionals an excellent compensation & benefits package, sales incentives & bonuses, training, and all the advancement opportunities you’re game for!
Sound too good to be true? Check NorthStar Memorial Group out on Glassdoor to see why our employees have voted us one of the best companies to work for 7 years in a row! Click here to view us on Glassdoor
We are seeking a Sales Supervisor for Greenwood Memorial Park Mortuary in San Diego, CA. This position will be responsible for ensuring sales goals are met by effectively assisting the sales manager in the recruiting, hiring, training and retaining of sales counselors. The successful candidate will have professional communication skills, previous sales experience, and experience in the funeral services profession.
- Manage, direct and assist in the initial and continuing training and performance management of assigned sales counselors
- Conduct daily team meetings to review new sales and provide coaching for any development concerns that may arise
- Ensure daily prospecting occurs and that each sales counselor schedules the minimum number of pre-need sales presentations per week
- Observe each sales counselor's pre-need and at-need referral presentation and assist in the perfection of such presentation
- Keep thorough records of leads, referrals, closing ratios and after service follow-up results
- Report to the sales manager on a daily basis for direction setting and unit status report
- Ensure all location rules and regulations are studied, understood and adhered to
- Ensure cemetery inventory is fully understood, with full knowledge of all location lots, crypts, niches, etc.
- Provide instruction to sales counselors regarding interment orders, Interment Verification Procedures, property cards, interment cards, quit claims, sales contracts, deeds and issue resolution forms
- Institute tracking procedures that ensure accountability for hours worked, proper follow-up calls and home visits are made, and after monitoring these, give to the sales manager all contacts which have not been acted upon so as to not allow referrals or leads to be lost
- Conduct regular meetings with the office manager, family service counselors and grounds superintendent to discuss any existing problems or methods of avoiding problems
Requirements and Qualifications
- 4+ years of sales experience
- 1+ years of experience in a leadership or management role
- Knowledge of closing procedures for sales
- Professional communication skills
- Valid driver's license
Job ID 2018-3096