WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
Reporting directly to the SVP Global Sales and Customer Success, the Sales Strategy & Planning Director is responsible for identifying and developing global, cross functional strategic sales initiatives, which include, but not limited to: planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration. This role works closely with global sales leadership as a partner to develop frameworks on various business decisions using quantitative and qualitative data.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Participating in the annual commission plan and quota design cycle, performing analyses to inform potential plan improvements, design, and quota changes
- Global Sales & Customer Success individual and sales leadership compensation plans and incentives
- Working with executive leaders to understand strategic business objectives, assessing the success of current incentives, proposing new incentive designs, securing final decisions and approvals, and communicating new incentives to leaders and employees
- Working collaboratively with Finance to define sales territories and quota assignments
- Acting as a liaison with the Sales Enablement team to drive training around sales efficiency and effectiveness for sales excellence
- Defining sales process steps to improve conversion, shorten sales cycles, and maximize wins
- Using internal data, along with market and competitor research, to help drive sales strategy and "hit the numbers"
- Managing technical tools and platforms, including CRM's (Salesforce), often in collaboration with IT
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education Level: Bachelor's degree required in related field
- 7+ years of analytical experience in sales strategy and/operations, strategic planning, finance, or related fields
- Ability to independently address analytical requests: understand the core question being asked, gather needed data, build model and validate assumptions, perform analyses, summarize, and present results in a compelling manner
- Knowledge of incentive plan structures (quotas, accelerators, pay mix, and on-target earnings)
- Solid knowledge of queries and data/reporting tools including SQL, Business Objects, Microsoft Access, etc.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization to solve problems.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, manage conflicting priorities and to complete assignments under aggressive time constraints independently