The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Sales Strategy and Operations Manager, you will manage business reviews, drive operational improvements, and inform strategy and planning for the Google Cloud Customer Engineering team. You will combine quantitative rigor and business acumen to identify business trends and opportunities, design optimal workflows, align incentives and set targets, and introduce innovative capabilities leveraging our Data Scientists and Engineering teams. You will work cross-functionally partnering both internally and externally to develop and execute the strategy.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Partner with VP of Customer Engineering to develop the team’s business plan, business insights, process improvement and go-to-market strategy, becoming his “trusted advisor.”
- Combine qualitative and quantitative insights to shape strategy for the sales function, analyzing operational metrics to anticipate and mitigate performance issues.
- Participate in and help steer global initiatives as appropriate and ensure that they are rolled out effectively to the team.
- Help define and implement the new Customer Engineering team, taking active ownership of parts of it.
- Drive operational improvements for team, including optimizing resource allocation across sales teams, measuring progress against goals, and facilitating management discussions and decisions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or equivalent project management experience in a technology/media company.
- MBA degree.
- Experience developing complex analytical models using spreadsheet software and using presentation software. Experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Knowledge of and established relationships within the technology industries.
- Developed business acumen and the ability to successfully navigate and consult strong personalities within a complex business environment.
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Distinctive problem-solving and project management skills. Effective communication and facilitation skills.