This is an opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly growing business within VMware.
Job Role and Responsibility:
We are looking for a proven and experienced, but dynamic and creative vSAN/Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) Sales Specialist. The Sales Specialist is responsible for selling VMware’s vSAN/HCI products, leveraging an extended team that includes VMware’s core sales force, SEs, OEM partners and channel partners. This includes prospecting, developing, forecasting and closing opportunities directly and through channels. This extended team is driven to a common goal within an assigned territory.
- You are responsible for selling the vSAN/HCI product portfolio across your assigned territory
- You will drive account sales strategy for the vSAN/HCI portfolio across your territory and establish sales cadence with core account teams
- You are responsible for moving transactions through the entire sales cycle, from early prospecting to forecasting to closure
- Adopt account portfolio sales enablement and strategy with channel partners
- You will collaborate with Systems Engineers, Inside Sales and the channel to ensure complete coverage of entire account portfolio.
- You will prospect new opportunities for vSAN/HCI within your territory
- You will match the vSAN/HCI solution to the customer’s mission needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- You will develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of vSAN/HCI
- You will work closely with SEs, Storage Architects, IT Administrators and senior IT executives to successfully move each opportunity through the customer’s evaluation process
- You will participate in the development, presentation, and sales of our vSAN/HCI value proposition
- 8+ years of experience in related software industry
- You have experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- You have experience leading a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SEs, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- You have the ability to operate in large, complex, matrixed organizations
- Experience selling platform products, such as Virtualization, Operating Systems, SAN systems, Databases, and other enterprise infrastructure
- Industry expertise in storage, especially experience in selling to virtualization and storage personnel in enterprise IT departments
- Consistent track record of successful selling in a highly competitive environment
- Proven experience to penetrate new “green-field” accounts and establish relationships at the senior leadership level or with relevant partners within accounts
- Able to manage a high-volume, transactional business with many deals being developed and closed simultaneously
Job ID R182100-1