San Diego, CA
Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
Less than 5 years
Posted 204 days ago
The Rheumatology Sales Specialist will represent and promote Novartis as a leader in the Rheumatology community and marketplace by:
• Driving disease awareness
• Promoting initiation and usage of Novartis rheumatology products
• Achieving targets for sales performance consistent with Novartis’ compliance standards and market share
• Developing effective business relationships with customers including physicians, treating staff and other stakeholders that support delivery of business results
• Initiating and/or supporting programs that make a difference in the life of the rheumatology patient we serve.
• Ensuring access to Novartis products within all compliance guidelines
• Providing disease state awareness education.
The Rheumatology Sales Specialist will be responsible for covering a large territory and will focus on a defined target list of physicians/practitioners within the territory. Focus on the total office call to assure the needs of all stakeholders are met within compliance guidelines including Nurses, Office Managers, and others. Serve as an opinion leader within the assigned territory.
The Rheumatology Sales Specialist must also be able to develop relationships and maintain an active presence in the Rheumatology community and associated organizations.
• Drive disease awareness, initiation and use with key customers
• Strong selling skills to support paradigm shift & biologic use
• Partner with office staff to set up protocol to identify appropriate patients
• Support treatment initiation logistics including TB testing, pre- certification, etc.
• Educate on prior authorization process and payor restrictions.
• Work with office manager to begin administration process and coordinate with Business Relationship Managers
• Assist development of local sites of care
• Collaborate with Nurse Educators, Reimbursement Specialists and other commercial roles. Facilitate referral networks to support patient access, consistent with company policies and guidelines.
• Identify key influencers within a group practice and sphere of influence
• Heavy focus on total office call to assure key stakeholder engagement
• Develop strong knowledge of treatment algorithm and business dynamics within accounts to address customer needs and create business opportunities in a competitive environment, consistent with company policies and guidelines
This is a remote position. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements Travel: 50% or more travel required depending on geographical footprint that may contain multiple states
Geography: Must live in the geography you support
Education: Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Pharmacy or Business related discipline.
Three (3) years of successful pharmaceutical sales experience OR two (2) years successful experience selling Rheumatology pharmaceutical products.
Previous rheumatology selling experience or experience selling biologic/specialty products with a complex distribution pathway such as specialty pharmacy, reimbursement specialists, buy and bill etc.
Strong business background including:
• Integrity with a will to win
• Ability to manage complexity
• Strong Interpersonal communication
• Superior organization & prioritization
• Excellent presentation skills
• Proven decision making and tactical execution and Computer literacy
Job ID 255703BR