Job Description The Oncology Sales Specialist will be responsible for representing and promoting Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation as a leader in the Oncology community and marketplace.
The territory currently covers Western Michigan
As one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world and a pioneer in Oncology, we are committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
• Incumbent will be required to: Promote a highly technical and innovative product portfolio to a sophisticated audience. The development of relationships and maintaining an active presence with the most productive doctors in the community and associated organizations will be essential elements of the position.
• Identification and development of thought-leaders and area speakers and conducting programs will also be important aspects of this role.
• Responsible for providing strategic input and the implementation of national/regional/area strategies and tactics. Promotional funds will need to be used judiciously to compliantly maximize sales and accomplish goals with the appropriate return on investment.
• Must act as a peer leader and resource to the “TEAM” to facilitate a coordinated Novartis effort within accounts.
• Personal integrity, compliance with Novartis values and behaviors and all compliance policies, teamwork abilities, and a customer focus are necessary.
• Ability to travel over a broad geography is required.
• This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).
Minimum requirements Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum 3 years of specialty pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostic/medical selling experience required or Minimum 5 years Oncology/Hematology medical experience (BSN/Pharm.D/Ph.D/Doctor) required.
• Oncology/Hematology sales experience preferred
• Candidate must possess a high degree of technical expertise, have exceptional selling skills, and must be familiar with the Oncology community.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required and
must be able to organize and prioritize.
• iPad and Computer literacy (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must.
• Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
• Some territories will require regular airline travel and over-night stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job; most will at least require occasional airline travel and over-night stays for training or other business purposes. Ability to travel, including overnight travel, is a fundamental requirement for the job.
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience.