Sales Specialist II will be part of our fast growing Food Science Division for the MidWest territory. The Sales Specialist is expected to demonstrate, sell, and install Bio-Rad's Food Science products to customers. Also, the Sales Specialist provides technical consultancy with customers to enhance customer satisfaction and drive sales of products and services.
- The Sales Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance and growth of their territory for the complete line of Food Science Division consumables and scientific instrumentation.
- Including but not limited to chromogenic media, qPCR for food pathogen detection, and other related equipment/supplies.
- This includes prospecting for new customers and qualifying leads, while managing overall business relationships with established accounts.
- Provides technical customer support (e.g., installation, customer familiarization and training of FSD products and applications.
- Travel up to 50-75% to support sales activities and achieve business goals.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Microbiology, Food Science, Life Science discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience of PCR techniques in the food science industry.
- Successful sales experience, technical support, or laboratory experience a must.
- Knowledge of food pathogen testing, including but not limited to PCR techniques and also other rapid and conventional methods (ELISA Technology).
- Detailed planning and organization skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- A combination of expert troubleshooting and interpersonal skills are the keys to success in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Requisition ID 2018-6227