Sales Specialist II will be part of our fast growing Food Science Division for the MidWest territory. The Sales Specialist is expected to demonstrate, sell, and install Bio-Rad's Food Science products to customers. Also, the Sales Specialist provides technical consultancy with customers to enhance customer satisfaction and drive sales of products and services.
- The Sales Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance and growth of their territory for the complete line of Food Science Division consumables and scientific instrumentation.
- Including but not limited to chromogenic media, qPCR for food pathogen detection, and other related equipment/supplies.
- This includes prospecting for new customers and qualifying leads, while managing overall business relationships with established accounts.
- Provides technical customer support (e.g., installation, customer familiarization and training of FSD products and applications.
- Travel up to 50-75% to support sales activities and achieve business goals.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Microbiology, Food Science, Life Science discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience: 5 years experience of PCR techniques in the food science industry. successful sales experience, technical support, or laboratory experience a must.
- Knowledge of food pathogen testing, including but not limited to PCR techniques and also other rapid and conventional methods (ELISA Technology).
- Detailed planning and organization skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently. A combination of expert troubleshooting and interpersonal skills are the keys to success in this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.