The Sales Specialist II (Process Chromatography Media Specialist) will sell Bio-Rad Process Chromatography media into existing pharmaceutical and biopharma accounts while actively developing new process media opportunities to build a strong pipeline of projects that will fuel future growth. The specialist will utilize consultative selling techniques; customer relationship management; process purification, chromatography, product, and territory knowledge to work both independently and in conjunction with the Field and Technical Services Scientists to grow sales revenues and meet sales quotas for assigned territory.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales quota for Bio-Rad Process Chromatography media by maintaining growth within the existing customer base as well as actively searching for new business opportunities within territory.
- Travel to customer sites for sales calls, presentations, consultation and problem solving.
- Build exceptional relationships with our external and internal customers.
- Proactively sample and secure screening of Bio-Rad Process Chromatography media in new process accounts, while capitalizing on existing customer relationships to identify new process opportunities and projects.
- Work closely with Bio-Rad Customer Care, product managers, and production planners to insure accurate information is provided for timely production and fulfillment of large process orders.
- Maintain and enhance sales skills through technical and sales training.
- Maintain daily, up-to-date information within Salesforce.com including, but not limited to, customer profiles, customer leads, assigned tasks, pipeline related opportunities, process projects, and revenue forecast.
- Maintain and enhance technical knowledge of Bio-Rad’s process chromatography product line and competitive products, through attendance and participation in relevant tradeshows and scientific conferences.
- Utilize effectively, Bio-Rad field scientists for response to customer technical requests and support of process selling efforts.
- Regular conveyance of field observations, market intelligence, trends, and customer feedback to process sales team, management, marketing and R&D. Keep current technical knowledge through frequent interaction with field scientist, technical services, and self-study by reading relevant trade journals, manuals and books.
- Manage field sales related expenses by maintaining accurate records, and submitting timely reports as required.
- Plan, manage, and executes customer sales related activities including, but not limited to, sales calls; field scientist, technical service, R&D, or marketing visits; on-site shows, lunch-and-learns, educational talks; new product beta trials; price quotes and supply agreements.
- Regular and timely response to requests for information, email communications, and voicemail.
- Other sales and job-related duties as required.
- Requires excellent understanding of chromatography, with a strong preference for understanding of downstream purification in process development.
- Effective sales strategies and negotiation techniques are needed to proactively seek out sales opportunities and respond to the needs of the customers and potential customers with innovative solutions.
- Strong technical skills needed to discuss and support chromatography resins for biopharmaceutical process develop and manufacturing groups.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong relationships with accounts within the territory.
- The ability to develop knowledge of accounts and key customers and to interpret customer's needs and identify solutions is a must.
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze territory sales data and technical information.
- Requires the ability to perform both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to travel and work internationally (passport / visa), Travel 50% of time.
- Bachelor Science Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology required. Masters or PhD preferred.
- Requires at least 2 years of successful sales experience of bulk chromatography media, filtration or consumables products technology related to the manufacturing of bio-therapeutics.
- Established sales history and relationships with downstream process development groups in key biopharmaceutical accounts would be desirable.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Requisition ID 2018-8984