A sales specialist partners with sales managers to drive continued business and meet customer needs. Conducts analysis of customer requirements, ensuring Harris is able to meet customer needs with products, support and timeframes. Point of contact for Sales, 3rd party and Customers for technical and logistical support. Solves problems of increased complexity using imaginative solutions. Provides quotes, responses and proformas on Requests for Proposals (RFQ)s for future business opportunities; assists with large proposals. Interfaces and coordinates with B&P, ILS, Systems Engineering, Program Management, Sales Finance, Contracts & Product Management to generate cost estimates, create work breakdown structures, prepare cost and price review material, provide proposal text, and create proformas. Assists Sales Managers in analysis and presentation of current sales activities forecasts, order status/issues/progress, equipment details and future opportunities. Manages prospect database. Works independently with general guidance. May periodically travel to the sales region to supporttradeshows, demonstrations or related customer events.
- Provide design/quotes/responses/proforma's on small RFQs.
- Provide support as directed in the pursuit of new business or competitive tenders through:
- The organization of customer visits
- The organization and assets for product demonstrations, testing and trials in both Rochester and customer sites.
- Review all quotes for technical configuration compatibility with attention to part no. obsolescence
- Assist DoD program managers on large RFQ's/proposal efforts;
- Provide technical support/answers to customers and 3rd party technical/CM requests.
- Pre-order: Work with account team to obtain delivery quotes from the factory, enter prospects into CRM and maintain equipment configuration/quantity in CRM.
- Pre-order: Throughout the pursuit continuous review of equipment lists for accuracy and completeness to ensure that customers order the most appropriate equipment complement for their application - suggest new products to replace old ones as appropriate.
- Manage order entry until the order is booked.
- BS with 3+ years work-related experience with Harris RFC Products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- System Engineering Experience a plus
- Knowledge and skill to put together tactical products and systems
- Experience in Systems Engineering is highly desired and would be advantageous to any applicant
- Understanding of DoD business environment
- Understanding of US DoD Sales and Program management process and procedures
- Understanding of Harris tactical portfolio of products and systems
- Understanding of preparing and executing demonstrations
- Knowledge of CRM and the ability to create and manage opportunities; preferably in Microsoft Dynamics
- Managing and executing small projects
- Ability to provide insight to put together competitive proposals
Job Code – CS20180202-23124