The person hired for the position of Construction Safety Specialist in the Personal Safety Division. This individual will be responsible for covering the assigned territory, establishing/building/managing relationships with end users, and distributors, by representing the entire PSD product portfolio (Respiratory, Hearing, Protective Eye Wear, Fall Protection, Protective Clothing, Welding, and Head & Face). Rep will be expected to achieve sales objectives by providing sales coverage of accounts within assigned territory.
Position intended for individuals experienced in sales and who have demonstrated effective use of selling skills and have consistently achieved or exceeded forecast over a sustained period of time. Primarily, manages sales territory with periodic supervision and assistance. When necessary, receives assistance in handling situations which require either greater or different experience or knowledge.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create a plan that will enable enhanced relationships with construction end users accounts and distributors in your designated territory (which may include collaboration with other regions)
- Work with the Regional Business Manager and their team to drive consistency in our approach with construction end users accounts and distributors in your designated territory
- Leverage division and company tools to improve sales productivity (i.e. Sales Force, category management)
- Identify opportunities for deeper collaboration with PSD cross-functional team members (i.e. Segment Marketing, Technical Service)
- Achieve a clear understanding of the competitive landscape – articulate trends and future direction
- Special Projects when and where applicable
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of sales experience in a private, public, government, or military environment
- Current, valid Driver’s license is required, as you will be issued a company vehicle for this position
- Safety Industry experience, Personal Protective Equipment
- Selling through Industrial Distribution experience
- Selling into end user companies experience
- Competent in utilizing selling skills
- Strong organizational skills, while working independently
- Effective time & territory management skills
- Strong use of Personal Computer software, and on-line sales support systems
- Experience with listed personal safety product categories.
- Bi-lingual (English & Spanish)