Job DescriptionThis is a remote position. Territory covers North East Indiana including Goshen, Elkhart and North Fort Wayne,
The Cardiovascular Sales Specialist (CSS) is accountable for implementing the sales strategies for approved Cardiovascular (CV) products consistent with Novartis’ compliance standards as well as all applicable legal requirements for those key targeted Health Care Providers (HCP’s) and hospital systems within an assigned territory. The CSS will pull through access and drive utilization for approved CV products with appropriate patients.
- Builds and develops professional relationships with (but not limited to) cardiology, nephrology, emergency medicine, HF clinic staff, pharmacy staff, within assigned customers.
- Drives appropriate utilization of approved CV products. CSS works closely with other Novartis commercial associates to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCP’s, and hospitals.
- Leverages expertise and knowledge of heart failure, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges.
- Understands hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement process as it relates to the customers they are responsible for in order to maximize opportunities.
- Provides relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g. sales leadership, Hospital Account Specialist and USMM) in regards to strategic and tactical planning for territory, area, and region.
- Develops and implements effective customer specific territory plans. Communicates insights to internal stakeholders.
- Prioritizes time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists based on opportunity and potential.
- Understands fully the assigned customers’ product and business needs and works to meet those needs while adhering to all of Novartis company ethics and compliance standards.
- Anticipates potential barriers to achievement of goals and proposes responsible solutions for success.
- Presents company-approved Health Care Economic Information (HCEI) underFDAMA Section 114 to appropriate audiences.
- This position requires the ability to drive within their assigned territory by automobile (and in some territories to travel by airplane).EEO StatementThe Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protectedstatus.Minimum requirementsRequirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus. Fluent English, excellent communication skills
- Minimum: 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical sales or current Novartis associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales.
- 2 years specialty pharmaceutical / biotech sales experience, operating in a highlyclinical disease category or current Novartis associate with experience in pharma/biotech sales. Proven track record of consistent high performance.
- Demonstrated success working within cross functional teams.
- Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company.
- Some territories will require regular airline travel and over-night stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job; most will at least require occasional airline travel and over-night stays for training or other business purposes.
- Ability to travel, including overnight travel, is a fundamental requirement for the job.
- Experience in the promotion of cardiovascular pharmaceuticals / biotech products. Understanding of the market access, diagnostic related groups (DRG), hospital reimbursement, and protocol development Demonstrated effective decision making, problem-solving and strategic thinking.
- Product launch experience.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ethical leadership and foster an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Strong analytical and computer capabilities.
- Ability to influence without formal authority in a matrix environment